Author Topic: Final Table with 9 Players  (Read 981 times)

ThorstenP

• View Profile
Final Table with 9 Players
« on: April 26, 2017, 06:29:52 AM »
Dear all.

I have a question regarding the final table.
Actually we are playing our tournaments with 10 players each table. So I created for example 3 tables with 10 players.
But we are starting the finale table with 9 players. Is there anywhere a chance to make a setting like that?

Thank´s in advanced. Thorsten.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:55:03 AM by ThorstenP »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Final Table with 9 Players
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »
I replied to this question in your email to me, but for the benefit of others I'll repeat my answer:

So, let's assume there are 30 players, and you have 3 tables of 10 seats each.  Everyone has a seat at the start of the tournament, and there are no empty seats.  At some point, the tournament will get down to 10 players, and that will trigger a move of everyone left to the final table.  It sounds to me like you would rather that not happen until there are only 9 players left.

The answer is that there is no way to do this in an automated way.  That doesn't mean it can't be done.  In fact, it's quite easy, but you will have to perform a manual step at some time during your tournament, and there's a pretty large window where it can occur.

First, you would designate a final table on the Tables tab.  To do that, press the "Collapse Order" button on the Tables tab.  This allows you to specify the preferred order of breaking down tables.  If you simply leave all tables in the "No preference" section but move your "final table" to the "Collapse these tables last" section, then you've essentially designated your "Final table".  (In retrospect, this isn't strictly necessary - unless, of course, you do want a specific table to be your "Final Table".)

In this scenario, it really doesn't matter which table you choose to be your final table.  The way to facilitate there being only 9 seats at the final table is simple: once a player busts out on each table, mark one of the seats as "Unavailable".  In this scenario, once 3 or more players bust out, the application should keep you balanced at 9 players at each table by moving players automatically.  At this time you simply go to the Tables tab, right click on each empty seat and select "Make seat unavailable".  From now on the software will no longer use that seat.  You've now made all 3 of your 10-seat tables into 9-seat tables.  Now your tournament will only move to the "Final table" once there are only 9 players remaining.  You can do this at any time, after 3 players have busted-out and before you get down to 10 players left.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »
Actually. if he wants to ONLY have his final table at 9 than he just can wait for his tournament to go down to 18 players (at which point TD will urge you to put 9 players on your last 2 tables) and make the empty seats unavailable, or delete them, on each table.

ThorstenP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »
Thank you very much to both. Everything is fine now. It works.