Author Topic: Running the Trial - Couple of Issues/Questions  (Read 1012 times)

craigt78

• View Profile
Running the Trial - Couple of Issues/Questions
« on: January 17, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »
Hello,

I have downloaded the trial and am playing around with the software and have run into a couple of issues & questions that I would like some assistance with.

1) The control screen freezes up periodically and I have to close out everything and reload.  I have had this occur after exporting statistics to csv and when attempting to modify prizes.  The only way to resolve is to quit and reload - am I doing something wrong?

2) Now that I have run a few test tournaments - how can I clear my player Statistics so I am ready for my first real tournament?

3) Is there anyway to add an "On Time" bonus without manually changing player starting stack?  Manual method is easy enough, just curious if there is a better way

4) Blind level announcements - are there audio files to announce blinds?

I am running Windows 10 and IE 11.192.16299.0

Thanks!
Craig

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Running the Trial - Couple of Issues/Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:59 PM »
Hello,

I have downloaded the trial and am playing around with the software and have run into a couple of issues & questions that I would like some assistance with.

1) The control screen freezes up periodically and I have to close out everything and reload.  I have had this occur after exporting statistics to csv and when attempting to modify prizes.  The only way to resolve is to quit and reload - am I doing something wrong?

This is quite possibly the memory leak issue discussed in this thread: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5326.0

2) Now that I have run a few test tournaments - how can I clear my player Statistics so I am ready for my first real tournament?

There's no need, because statistics don't "accumulate" in the way you might be thinking.  Statistics are generated from all of your saved tournaments.  To see the relevant statistics, such as those from the current season only, you'll want to modify the stats filter so that it allows only the tournaments you're interested in and filters out all the rest.  Of course, if you've only created test tournaments and no longer need them, you can simply delete those saved files so that the stats won't see them.  But you can also create a "Season" on the database tab and select that season for your next, real tournament.  Then on the Stats tab you create a new profile that selects that season.  Or skip the season altogether and simply create a profile that selects tournaments from a specific time frame.

3) Is there anyway to add an "On Time" bonus without manually changing player starting stack?  Manual method is easy enough, just curious if there is a better way

You can use the Buy-in profiles.  Create one for On Time players and one for Late players.  Set the starting stacks appropriately.  When buying-in players, select the appropriate profile.

4) Blind level announcements - are there audio files to announce blinds?

Not included with the application, but a search of the forums, or a google search should turn up plenty.

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
Thank you.  All of these helped.  Used this for my last tournament, went well.  Need to tweak a few things, but I liked it enough to purchase.  Looking forward to it!

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
Are events that have occurred not saved?  I added sounds for the blind levels and when the program crashed and I reloaded it started over at the first blind level.  Is there a way I can save this until the fix for IE11 come out?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »
Everything is saved.  If you save the tournament, exit, restart, and reload the tournament, it should continue exactly where it left off.  Always from the last point you saved.

Auto-save is your friend.  I would suggest setting auto-save to save once every 60 seconds, personally, because why not?  If you do need to exit and restart at some point, you'll always be within 60 seconds of the last time it saved.  Also check the box that says "Save after significant events".  That adds additional save points anytime anything significant happens, like someone busts out, or buys-in, or rebuys, or adds-on, or the round changes, etc.