Author Topic: Buy-in Profiles  (Read 3749 times)

IBuyCars

• View Profile
Buy-in Profiles
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »
This is a brilliant addition to TD

In some of our re-buy tournaments we allow players to take either 1, 2 or 3 re-buys at a time, the profile system works great.

The only issue I have is that, when we enter a double or triple re-buy it shows on the Tournament screen as only one re-buy.

It would be great that if in a future release of TD there was an option to display a single profile entry as either 2, 3 or as many rebuys (Add-Ons as well for that matter) as required.

Many Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Buy-in Profiles
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
I'm not sure I follow you.  How do you enter a "triple rebuy", for example?  Do you create a profile called "Triple Rebuy" that costs 3x as much as a regular rebuy?

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
1 Rebuy £5 3000 chips
2 Rebuys £10 6000 chips
3 Rebuys £15 9000 Chips

If a player has either the £2 x or 3x rebuys it shows on the screen as 1 rebuy, It would be great that if in a future release of TD there was an option to display a single profile entry as either 2, 3 or as many rebuys as required.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:07:44 AM »
Corey,

If I'm understanding IBuyCars correctly, have he wants to have the ability to charge for three rebuys, and have the option for the program to record it as three rebuys at once, instead of doing it one by one.  As I understand it, IBuyCars has three profiles - one for a single rebuy, one for a double, and the other for a triple - however, all three only record as one rebuy within TD, instead of 1, 2, or 3, respectively.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
That was my assumption as well, just wanted clarification.

The problem with this approach is that the software would have to add 3 separate rebuys, and divide the various fields by 3 to get the appropriate amounts for each separate rebuy.

There have been some suggestions in the past to add to the add-on/rebuy dialog a quantity field, so you could, for example, purchase 1 rebuy for player A and 3 rebuys for player B.  This could be done as just an additional "Quantity" column on those dialogs with a value defaulting to 1.  Another approach would be to have a Quantity field in the "Details" section of those dialogs (where you select the profile, fee, chips, etc).  The difference being that with having a Quantity column, you can choose a potentially different quantity of rebuys for each player when you rebuy more than one player at a time, but with a single Quantity field in the Details section, if you rebuy more than one player at a time each player receives the same quantity of rebuys.  Simpler, but less flexible, as with most trade-offs like this.

Thoughts?

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:27 AM »
I would like to see a quantity field in the profile box, i imagine then there will be less calculations for the program to preform.

cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »
Well, I did it again.  I asked for input and went ahead and did something before getting any.  :)

So, I added a Quantity column on the Add-on and Rebuy dialogs.  This way you can buy more than one player in at any time, and for different quantities.

I imagine how you're using it, IBuyCars, it might have been more convenient if I had a multiplier within the profile itself.  In other words, you create a profile called "Triple Rebuy", and set the fees as if it were a single rebuy, but there's also a "Multiplier" field that you set to "3", which means when someone rebuys and this profile is selected, they are actually purchasing 3 rebuys (and they are recorded as 3 separate rebuys).  I might consider doing this at a future time as well, if there's interest.

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »
Corey

Your example would be a fantastic feature, probably better than adding a multiplier field in the profile section.

In a re-buy tournament, we normally print out a "sign in sheet" and record the re-buys on it, entering them into TD every 15 minutes or so. As i mentioned earlier we allow players to take either 1, 2 or 3 re-buys at a time, and on the sign in sheet we record 1, 2 or 3 and enter that into TD using the respective profile for the re-buys.

The example you have shown would only require 1 profile, and it looks like all the re-buys could be entered at once.

When will this be available? I have my Chistmas re-buy tournament coming up on the 14th December and would love to test it out for you then.

Would the same feature also be available for the add-ons?

Cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
It's already in for version 3.3 (and yes, it's for both add-ons and rebuys), which is done except for the user manual and some additional testing.  If I don't have it ready to go by then, I will probably go with a short beta release.  Either way, it should be out in some form by then.  It's been really hard for me to devote the required time to get this released lately, and given that it's a big holiday month, it could slip.  Feel free to contact me if your tournament date gets close and you haven't heard anything.

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »
Many Thanks