Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 1  (Read 18082 times)

Silver Owl

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 1
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
Odd ... Yes, that is where i sent it. I can resend if you still want it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 11:43:12 PM »
I wouldn't mind verifying what you saw is not an actual issue.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 06:25:20 AM »
I resent from a different email. let me know if you didnt receive it.

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »
I started building a new layout last and noticed a couple of things.
 - My Surface Pro has a 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI) resolution. While working with a layout, the "Edit Cell" dialog buttons were nearly hidden and the dialog itself would not expand to reveal them.
 - In some cases when you highlight the token text in the "Edit Cell" dialog box, the "Insert Token" button will display green and change to "Edit Token" but this behavior isn't consistent and sometimes does not occur.
 - Changing the border size in the "Edit Cell Properties" form (Boarders sub form) has no effect.
 - The HTML that controls the STATS table display is hard coded to prevent cell alignment and cells have varying justification (some LH, some RH, some center) which causes some layout ugliness

Beta seems very stable so far. I have not experienced any crashes or lockups and I really like the simplicity of screen resizing and movement as compared to the old dialog. I'll report more if and when I see anything else as I play around

NLAxeman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 11:38:58 AM »
Tried the new Beta on my backup machine and it said my licence was not valid. Pretty sure I have a Ver 3 licence. Any advice?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
Got it this time.  Thanks.  I'll check it out when I can.

I resent from a different email. let me know if you didnt receive it.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »
So far, it looks pretty good. I did see a few things though.

1. Are you going to include 'The Poker Leaderboard' export again, or is that gone like the wind?
2. I had a weird 'bust out before rebuy period was over, and was prompted to rebuy' but subsequent busts were not prompted (still within the window and not exceeding the rebuy quota.
3. I defined two tables of 9 seats each, then added 6 players to a tournament. Then bought them in with autoseating. and there were 4 at one table, and 2 at another. If it were 3 and 3, that'd be understandable, but all at one table would be preferred.

I'm going to keep poking around, but that's my first report. And, just to follow up, if you need a linux/mac guy to test for you, I'm still willing. =)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
First, thanks for your efforts.

- My Surface Pro has a 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI) resolution. While working with a layout, the "Edit Cell" dialog buttons were nearly hidden and the dialog itself would not expand to reveal them.

I was really excited about this release fixing the issues when Windows scaling is enabled.  And while it's miles beyond how the app behaved previously, it's not quite there yet.  I'm going to go with that this is a little bit of a Chromium issue, and a little bit of a TD issue.  For example, if you have Windows configured with scaling to, say, 150%, in the TD if you load a tournament (or any file) you'll see the file selection window isn't scaled like everything else is.  This is a Chromium issue.  However, in the version of Chrome I have installed (77.xxx I believe), the file selection window does indeed scale (I know for a fact it didn't with earlier versions).  The beta version of the TD uses Chromium 73.xxx.  Maybe things will improve with a newer version.  I will always try to upgrade to the latest Electron (and thus newer versions of Chromium, V8, Node, etc) with each new TD version.

- In some cases when you highlight the token text in the "Edit Cell" dialog box, the "Insert Token" button will display green and change to "Edit Token" but this behavior isn't consistent and sometimes does not occur.

I haven't really seen an issue with this.  The way it's supposed to work is that if you highlight any part of a token, and NOT any additional text, the token should be recognized and the button should light up.  For example, if you have:

<nobr>Current Time</nobr><br><currenttime showSeconds="t">

... and you highlight any part of:

<currenttime showSeconds="t">

... it should highlight the Edit Token button.  But if your highlighting includes any of the rest of the text, the button won't be highlighted.  It could probably be made a little smarter, but that's how it works today.  Are you seeing something different?

- Changing the border size in the "Edit Cell Properties" form (Boarders sub form) has no effect.

Note that when you change the border's Type, Size, OR Color, you have to click on one of the border sides to implement that change.  This allows for the different borders (top, bottom, left and right) to have different characteristics.  Again, are you seeing something different?

- The HTML that controls the STATS table display is hard coded to prevent cell alignment and cells have varying justification (some LH, some RH, some center) which causes some layout ugliness

Per your other post, confirmed spacing is not working.  Justification is indeed hard-coded.  But there's no way to specify justification (left/center/right) on any screen, and there never has been.  I think once spacing is fixed this will look a lot better.

I also found a bug: on the Token Builder dialog, when the Edit button is pressed on a font, the font dialog opens twice.

Beta seems very stable so far. I have not experienced any crashes or lockups and I really like the simplicity of screen resizing and movement as compared to the old dialog. I'll report more if and when I see anything else as I play around

Thanks again for the time and effort!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »
Thanks for the help.

1. Are you going to include 'The Poker Leaderboard' export again, or is that gone like the wind?

As far as I know, they've been gone for a long time.  Years.

2. I had a weird 'bust out before rebuy period was over, and was prompted to rebuy' but subsequent busts were not prompted (still within the window and not exceeding the rebuy quota.

Thanks for the report.  I'm also seeing this every once in a while.

3. I defined two tables of 9 seats each, then added 6 players to a tournament. Then bought them in with autoseating. and there were 4 at one table, and 2 at another. If it were 3 and 3, that'd be understandable, but all at one table would be preferred.

I'm going to keep poking around, but that's my first report. And, just to follow up, if you need a linux/mac guy to test for you, I'm still willing. =)

This is how auto-seating works (and has always worked).  Since the application doesn't know how many players will show up, the best it can really do is random seating at any open seat.  If it distributed players evenly, that's actually a form of biased seating.  For example, using your example, the best way it could achieve even seating is to do a round-robin methodology: seat the first player at table 1, the second at table 2, the third at table 1, the fourth at table 2, etc.  But that guarantees every 2nd player sits at the same table, and players buying in directly before or after one another won't end up at the same table.

The only thing I can think of for this to "work" is that all players be added to the tournament ahead of time, and all tables/seats be defined ahead of time.  Defining the tables and seats is easier than being able to add all players.  Then again, if you know how the tables and seats will be setup and know who's coming, you can conceivably seat everyone randomly ahead of time.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 10:11:21 PM »
Email license issues to support@thetournamentdirector.net.  FYI, 9 out of 10 times this happens because use of the license on said PC would exceed the 3 concurrent installs (for personal licenses).

Tried the new Beta on my backup machine and it said my licence was not valid. Pretty sure I have a Ver 3 licence. Any advice?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 11:12:34 PM »
NLAxeman: on second thought, would you just give it another try?  I looked into the code and I think you may have found a sleeper bug that has been in the server-side licensing code for a long time, just exposed by the new version.  I hope when you try again it just works.  Please reply here or email support@thetournamentdirector.net.

Email license issues to support@thetournamentdirector.net.  FYI, 9 out of 10 times this happens because use of the license on said PC would exceed the 3 concurrent installs (for personal licenses).

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »

FYI a workaround I have found to keep the tables balanced at pre-tourney buyin time is lets say you are going to have 40 total players. You create 4 tables of 10. Assuming on average you get 32 players ontime and 8 late arrivals. You would leave 2-3 seats at each table set as unavailable. Only make them available when the late player actually arrives and buys into the tourney. This way when ontime players buyin the tables will be as close to balanced as possible when the tourney starts.

I plan to download the new beta today and do some testing tonight. I will run first live tourney with beta version in about 2 weeks.

Chuck

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »
Thanks for the help.

of course. Not many people can both have a conversation with the author of a tool you use, but provide support/feedback/suggestions. This is great!

As far as I know, they've been gone for a long time.  Years.

I used their export format for digesting the data and putting it into my own database for analytics. =( I'm almost done porting to the PokerDIY format.

Another tidbit I just ran across... When exporting to the PokerDIY XML structure, the dates, specifically the year, was way off. I checked against the CSV, but that just had a 'Time', not a full 'Date'

Example CSV:
Rank,Nickname,Points,Buyin Cost,Prize Winnings,First Name,Last Name,Email 1,Email 2,Street Address,City,State,Zipcode,Country,Phone 1,Phone 2,Notes,Paid,Bounty Chip,Total Buyin Rake,Buyin Chips,Rebuys,Rebuys Cost,Total Rebuys Rake,Rebuys Chips,Add-ons,Add-ons Cost,Total Add-ons Rake,Add-ons Chips,Total Cost,Total Rake,Chips Bought,Time Out,Round Out,Hitman,Hits,Bounties Won,Bounty Winnings,Total Winnings,Take,Chip Count
5,Austin,0,50,0,,,,,,,,,,,,Scott's Friend,true,10,20,15000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,60,20,15000,2:10:12 pm,2,BeetJunkie,0,0,0,0,-60,15000
1,BeetJunkie,0,50,135,Al,Massey,,,,,,,,,,,true,10,20,15000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,60,20,15000,2:31:59 pm,3,,2,2,20,135,75,15000
Example XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<pXML>
   <MessageInfo>
      <Version>1.0</Version>
      <DocumentType>PokerDIY_Game</DocumentType>
      <Source>TD</Source>
      <SourceVersion>3.7.0-beta.1</SourceVersion>
      <SourceDate>0119-10-15 09:36:11</SourceDate>
   </MessageInfo>
   <Games>
      <Game>
         <League>
            <LeagueID/>
            <ExternalLeagueID/>
            <LeagueName/>
            <Season>
               <SeasonID/>
               <ExternalSeasonID>3ae19ea9-e2ac-4957-b61b-0fdf3faf7ccc</ExternalSeasonID>
               <SeasonName>2019 Points</SeasonName>
            </Season>
         </League>
         <GameID/>
         <ExternalGameID>b5940a44-c94a-4dbd-a7a1-68ab6fb6d55b</ExternalGameID>
         <GameName>The Tournament Director</GameName>
         <GameDescription/>
         <GameComments/>
         <GameStartDate>0119-10-15 08:53:32</GameStartDate>
         <GameEndDate>0119-10-15 09:35:57</GameEndDate>
         <GameTypeID>2</GameTypeID>
         <CurrencySymbol>$</CurrencySymbol>

NLAxeman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 02:34:20 PM »
Hi Corey. Tried it again today and it worked fine. I’ll give it a test over the next few days and see how it goes. Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2019, 03:16:37 PM »
Good catch.  The code was using getYear().  It used to return the actual current year.  Now, it returns the current year minus 1900.  It is deprecated and shouldn't be used.  I imagine sometime in the past Microsoft made it return the same thing as getFullYear(), so it worked, but Chromium still supports its "correct" value, which caused this issue.  Easy fix.