Main > Templates, Layouts and Sounds

Point formulas

(1/7) > >>

coyote97:
OK, I've just started using this wonderful software.  I love it and so do all the players that I play with.  We are starting a new league tonight and I'm trying to figure out how get the software to award the points the way we would like.  Here is what we would like to do:
Points are awarded to everyone that plays.  For instance, 15 players, 1st place is worth 15 points, 2nd is 14 points etc.
Everyone in the money gets 1 point with first place getting 3 points.  Usually pay 3-4 places.
Hitmen are awarded 1 point.
Bounty for prior tourney winner is 1 point.
If anyone can help me with setting this up I would really appreciate it.  It certainly will help my credibility tonight!  LOL!! :)

MattBurlew:
Let's break this down:

The first part, staggered points for playing, is easy: numberOfPlayers - rank + 1 (or n - r + 1)

For 1 bonus point for making the money: add inTheMoney (or m)

For 2 more bonus points for winning: add if(r=1, 2, 0) [i.e. 2 for 1st, 0 for any other position]

For 1 point per hit: add numberOfHits (or nh)

So that makes the formula: (n - r + 1) + m + if(r=1, 2, 0) + nh

Unfortunately, there's no variable for bounty of previous winner.  You can define a prize for a bounty on a specific player and make it 1 point, but I don't think you can add the two easily.

Corey Cooper:
You've got it right, Matt.  Your formula takes care of everything except for the bounty on the previous winner.  To take care of that part, do exactly what you suggested, create a prize that is a bounty on the previous winner, and give it a point value of 1.  No need to give it a cash amount (set it to Non-monetary).

Each player will get the points defined in the Points for Playing.  The person who knocks out the previous winner will also win the bounty prize (of 1 point).  Key word being also.  So the player will get the sum of the Points for Playing and the bounty prize points.

coyote97:
Thanks guys.  Excuse me for sounding ignorant.  I'm obviously not a programmer.  The formula gets typed exactly as Matt wrote it (n - r + 1) + m + if(r=1, 2, 0) + nh in the box that says points for playing?  And if we want to use the bounty on the previous winner, I will need to choose that player every time we start the tournament?

MattBurlew:

--- Quote from: coyote97 on August 03, 2007, 05:00:38 PM ---Thanks guys.  Excuse me for sounding ignorant.  I'm obviously not a programmer.  The formula gets typed exactly as Matt wrote it (n - r + 1) + m + if(r=1, 2, 0) + nh in the box that says points for playing?  And if we want to use the bounty on the previous winner, I will need to choose that player every time we start the tournament?

--- End quote ---

Yes, copy and paste into the Points for Playing formula.

And yes, you have to choose the player the bounty is on, as TD has no way of knowing who won the previous tournament.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version