Author Topic: 3.5 Progress  (Read 883 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3.5 Progress
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »
Nov 27 update:

- Fixed a few Preferences tab items
- Polished up the built-in screens.  They are now 100% as far as I know.
- Fixed various Players tab items.  I think this tab is now 100%.
- Fixed file loading/saving in Game tab, Rounds tab, Players tab, Prizes tab, Tables tab, Events tab, Chips tab
- Fixed formula dialogs (Points for Playing, Events, Stats)
- Fixed Help tab, Links tab
- Fixed all Tournament exports
- At this point I think these tabs, with a very few exceptions, are 100% complete: Game, Rounds, Players, Prizes, Tables, Events, Chips, Help, Links
- Removed the hacky screen saver suppressor and updated the code to use an actual API that disables the Windows screen saver while the application is running.  Woohoo!  Removed the reminder to "Disable your screen saver".
- Fixed a few more internal incompatibilities with the latest version of JavaScript
- Fixed basic chip images
- Fixed a hundred other minor issues

Doesn't seem like a lot, but actually a lot more progress has been made.  I'm getting much closer to a point where I'll be able to step back and take inventory, and finally chart out a path to completion.

Things I know still need work (off the top of my head):
- Rules tab
- Summary tab
- Layout tab
- Database tab
- Stats tab
- Preferences tab
- Hotkeys tab
- Controls tab
- Dashboard

Most of these items are at least 50% complete already.

Finally, things I haven't touched on yet but know will need to be done:
- Licensing has to be refactored to remove it from the Windows registry.
- Evaluation will be completely overhauled (already know how I plan to do it, but haven't implemented anything yet).
- Need to create (or utilize) a color picker, because we no longer have access to the system color picker (not so bad, since it kind of sucks, and there are plenty built using web tech that are waaaay better).
- Still don't know how to allow the user to choose a font from installed system fonts.  Electron has no facility for this.
- Still need to figure out how it will be packaged for installation.
- Still having a few issues from time to time with dialog windows.  As I continue refining it gets better and better, and it's working very well now, but occasionally still have an issue, like a window doesn't open when it should.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »
Thanks for the update, Corey... keep 'em coming!! We really do appreciate your hard work...

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
Great news - glad to see progress is being made!!  I look forward to the next update!