Main > Help Me

Black screens and application slow down

<< < (2/7) > >>

officeghana:
Corey,

So I've gone ahead and change the settings as per your "short term" solution.  I've simulated tournaments for the last 2 days with a pool of 30 players (each time for 4 to 6 hours).  I've only gotten the black screen once.

I'll be hosting a tournament this Sunday.  I'll give you feedback once that is done.

officeghana:
Apologies for the delay in replying. Black screen popped up the moment we had to bust out a player.  This was about 50 mins into the tournament. My solution was to just wait til the next break, then I restarted the PC and resumed from where it left off.  Tournament ran for 5 hours and black screen didnt pop up again.

I know this isnt the best solution but as Corey mentioned, it is only a short term solution.

mm48:
What do you mean by "short term" solution ?
Thank's

Corey Cooper:
I think officeghana is referring to the steps you can take that I outlined in the main topic, as opposed to the long term solution that I'm working on:

--- Quote ---Well, for the long term I'm moving the applicaton to a modern framework.  I'm currently investigating Electron.  The model is very different, so it's going to be a lot of work, but I see this as really the only viable way forward for the TD application.
--- End quote ---

tandemrx:
Corey,

I am getting the black screen with IE 11 on Windows 8.1 FWIW,

Seems like it happens when I open and close the control window often (going back and forth with layout changes). 

Is it hard to go back to IE 10?  Any way  to force TD to use Chrome browser (and would that help or hinder?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version