Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 8760 times)

jkolb

• View Profile
Windows 10
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
Will this software work on Windows 10?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
I've had no trouble running it on the Windows 10 Preview.

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:48 AM »
same here, run's without a problem ;)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation!

Medic48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »
I am having difficulty running it on Windows 10.

The Load & Save buttons do not function.

UPDATE:
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter was unable to fix the problem (attempted to use compatibility mode, run as administrator etc)

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter Publisher details

Issues found
Incompatible ProgramIncompatible Program
TD is incompatible. Detected Detected
Fix program TD Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 Incompatible Program Detected Detected

TD is incompatible.
Fix program TD Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
InformationalCompatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied:
Windows 7
Scaling on high DPI
Run as administrator
User verification: Fix didn't work

Detection details Expand

Collection information
Computer Name:  PJC-NTBK4
Windows Version: 10.0
Architecture: x64
Time: 6 August, 2015 23:51:57

Publisher details Expand

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.5
Publisher: Microsoft Windows
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.5
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

SECOND UPDATE:
Further review shows that Internet Explorer is not the main browser anyone (now replaced by Microsoft Edge). Internet Explorer *IS* included within the Windows 10 package, however it utilizes Internet Explorer 11.

--Phil
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:06:20 PM by Medic48 »

Gordon260871

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
I am having the same problem with windows 10 the Load button is not working and it sometimes becomes unresponsive
Does anyone have a way to fix this if others are working ok

Thanks

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 04:16:43 PM »
Something interesting I noticed. I upgraded to Win 10 and one of the first things I tried was to see if TD had any problems.
Everything worked fine. I saw the above post about IE 11 so I started IE and checked to see if I indeed had IE 11, which I do, now I am having the same problems with the load and save buttons. This only happened AFTER I ran IE 11.

mrowland1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
Has this issue been resolved yet? I am having to buy a new laptop since my old one crashed this weekend (rather spectacularly I might add), and anything new I buy will come with Windows 10.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
A workaround that seems to work for me is to start TD by clicking on a saved tournament. If i start by clicking on the TD icon I do not get a load or save choice.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Recently I had the Load button stop working on one of my PCs.  Completely out of the blue.  No new software or patches installed.  So I have no idea what caused it.  The following fix worked for me.  Your mileage may vary.

Download the attached file to your desktop and double-click it.  You should get a security confirmation ("Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?").  Press the Yes button.  You should get another confirmation dialog ("Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working correctly....").  Press the Yes button again.  Then you'll get a final confirmation that the operation completed ("The keys and values contained in removeBadKeys.reg have been successfully added to the registry.")  Then run the TD again and see if it helps.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
Corey,
That did NOT work for me. Load and Save still do not work but loading by double clicking a saved tournament file makes both both load and save buttons work.

Marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »
Sorry, this didn't work for me either.

cabiness42

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »
The fix above is not working for me.  I can open saved games by double clicking on the filename, but the load and save buttons won't work for me on Windows 10.  The only way I can run a new tournament is to open an old tournament and then blank everything out.  It's terribly annoying.  Is there going to be any fix to this or am I going to have to consider my investment in this software a sunk cost and find something else?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »
The fix above is not working for me.  I can open saved games by double clicking on the filename, but the load and save buttons won't work for me on Windows 10.  The only way I can run a new tournament is to open an old tournament and then blank everything out.  It's terribly annoying.  Is there going to be any fix to this or am I going to have to consider my investment in this software a sunk cost and find something else?

This has been an issue for a long time.  Microsoft continually torpedoes this control.  There's already one fix for this built into the TD software.  Unfortunately the more recent problems with it have seemingly had multiple causes, and what works for one person often doesn't work for others.

Is there going to be a fix for this?  I've been trying to fix it for a long time, with little success.  Current plan is to move the TD to a new [non-Microsoft] host application, and ditch this and other host-related problems in the process.  That's a long-term goal, and could be a long time off.

Here's a more recent solution in the main thread for this topic: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.msg21526#msg21526

Something to try at least.