Author Topic: rebuy/add-on - original positions  (Read 3592 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: rebuy/add-on - original positions
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 11:45:33 AM »

The first time I tried this, I re-bought-in the busted out players, however this then resulted in the short stacked re-bought in players all being seated on the same table(s) -

A bit of a quandry for you there Richie, I think no matter which way you do it, you will be doing extra work.  How about setting the tables up so there are no forced movement until the tables fall below 4 players. Then when you add the re-bought players in to the game they would just fill the empty seats.So you would have a mix of players with hi and low stacks.

On the Preference tab, select behaviour. ->Then to Tables tab  default value ->maximum player disparity and change the value to what setting you need.

Another way of getting players to remember there seats is to give out (when players first buy in) a table and seat number ticket. So after the re-buy period each player has a record of where they were sitting.
Or on the tables tab take a screen dump of the tables screen control/alt/Prt Sc, save it in paint and then then you can display it on the screen during the break.

Is the league run by Red tooth?

RichieD

• View Profile
Re: rebuy/add-on - original positions
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
A bit of a quandry for you there Richie, I think no matter which way you do it, you will be doing extra work.  How about setting the tables up so there are no forced movement until the tables fall below 4 players. Then when you add the re-bought players in to the game they would just fill the empty seats.So you would have a mix of players with hi and low stacks.

Another way of getting players to remember there seats is to give out (when players first buy in) a table and seat number ticket. So after the re-buy period each player has a record of where they were sitting.
Or on the tables tab take a screen dump of the tables screen control/alt/Prt Sc, save it in paint and then then you can display it on the screen during the break.

Is the league run by Red tooth?
Players always seem to remember where they first sat down.. so re-seating to original positions is easy.. its just that even with saving the tournament (yes - it *does* save the seating plan) which is a bit of a bodge, you end up having to manually step through all the preceeding rounds up to the rebuy/reload time - it would be cool if a seamless and fool-proof functionn was available to re-seat as per the start of the tournament.

Yes its the Redtooth tournament format.

Thanks for your suggestions..