Author Topic: Moving Players  (Read 934 times)

Scotty K

• View Profile
Moving Players
« on: June 30, 2008, 02:31:07 PM »
Hi Corey.

I finally had the opportunity to run a multiple table tournament using this new version of TD (the last two that I ran were our satellite and championship, where both had only one table).  As with the older version, I have TD suggest movement when the tables become unbalanced.  One of the choices that that old version had that doesn't seem to be in the new version is that you had the choice of not accepting the move, but being taken to the tables menu.  As I like to move my players in relation to the button, this was always a helpful feature.  Now it seems that you only have the choice of accepting the move or not.  If not, then the menu would close, and I would then have to go to the table menu myself, which adds a couple of extra keystrokes.

Did I inadvertently change a setting here, or is this feature gone for good?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Players
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
It was removed in 2.5, when the window was split into a Game window and a Settings window.  Honestly, I don't remember what the exact reason was, but I assume it was a technical reason, although it could have been to cut down on the number of buttons on the dialog.  The dialog does have too many buttons as it is, and adding another one (with a long string of text) frankly would not be a good idea.  But I'm always open to suggestions.

Scotty K

• View Profile
Re: Moving Players
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »
OK; that would explain it.  I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong.

I understand your point about there being too many buttons; I'm sure that TD have evolved into something way more complex than originally conceived.  From my standpoint, as I am not using multiple displays, I think that I would prefer to have that button added back in, if it would be convenient.  If this is not possible due to a technical problem, then I would certainly understand.  I'll just have to see if there is an easier way to get around this with the least amount of keystrokes possible.

Thanks again for all of you efforts and help with all of our problems!