Author Topic: My Sounds dont work  (Read 951 times)

mountain510

• View Profile
My Sounds dont work
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
I have tried everything. I have attached a picture of the error message I get upon startup of the program. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Media Player 11, and TD 2.4.3.
I went into the windows media player and made sure that the wav files were default to that program. I went into the TD folder and opened all the sounds and they all opened into the windows media player fine and played the sound. I am just not sure what to do next. I have been using this program for over a year now I think and had no problems. Love the program and suggested it to many friends. I just want my sounds back
ANY IDEAS?????
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 04:47:16 PM by mountain510 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Sounds dont work
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »
There's no need to set wav files, or any other type of files, to default to WMP, not since version 2.0.  The TD used to basically say "IE, play this sound file however you play sounds", whereas now it specifically talks to WMP.

Unfortunately I cannot say what may be wrong, since there's really no error message (my fault, it should display something more meaningful).  But I'm not sure the error message would help, frankly.  I'll update the next version to include the error message just in case.

But that obviously won't help you in this case.  The only thing I can think of at this point is re-installing Windows Media Player.  I don't think you necessarily need to uninstall it, just go download the latest version (or get the same version that you currently have installed, if you can - I don't know what the latest version is), and install it.  See if it helps.  Might just be a registry key that got deleted or modified or something, and re-installing will recreate the proper registry keys.  Just a guess, but you never know.