Author Topic: New Tournament Director Features  (Read 3790 times)

paulrgibson

• View Profile
New Tournament Director Features
« on: July 23, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
Hi All,

I've been using Tournament Director for 4 months for my 3 table tournaments.  Works great.

I had a few suggestions that I hope haven't already been mentioned:

1.  When busting a player out, there doesn't appear to be a way to mark more than one person for the hit.  We often have split pots (2 or more people) eliminating a single player but we cannot mark it as such

2.  We have a rule close to the end of rebuy period that a player can rebuy if they have less than a certain amount of chips.  The only way I can do this in the software is to bust the player out and then rebuy them in.  Would be good to support this without needing to bust the player out.

Thanks,
Paul

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
Re: New Tournament Director Features
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:55:45 AM »
Hi All,

I've been using Tournament Director for 4 months for my 3 table tournaments.  Works great.

I had a few suggestions that I hope haven't already been mentioned:

1.  When busting a player out, there doesn't appear to be a way to mark more than one person for the hit.  We often have split pots (2 or more people) eliminating a single player but we cannot mark it as such

2.  We have a rule close to the end of rebuy period that a player can rebuy if they have less than a certain amount of chips.  The only way I can do this in the software is to bust the player out and then rebuy them in.  Would be good to support this without needing to bust the player out.

Thanks,
Paul

in regards to #2, check the box on the 'game' tab that allows players in the tournament to still rebuy..... should fix your prob.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »
And as to #1, this is most definitely high on the enhancement list.  It's simply that, unfortunately, the original design of the software did not take this into account, probably because this situation has been a very rare occurrence in my personal experience.  I'm reluctant to make this kind of change simply because of the implications - it affects how money, points, standings, etc, are calculated, and that's a very important, and somewhat delicate, area of code that I do not like to mess with, for fear of breaking something.

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:31:04 PM »
We have had the multiple put out occur several times over the last several months (had it happen twice this past weekend). We have decided to give the hit credit to the person with the higher chip stack in the event of multiple players knocking out a single player. Eveyone is okay with that and has been added to our rules.

Seems like an easier fix than Corey having to mess around with the code. Just my 2 cents...
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson

paulrgibson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion for #1, that has fixed my problem.

As for #2, I'm a software engineer, so I understand.

We have a rule that the person closest the dealer gets the hit - same as the split pot rule.  Easier than counting chip stacks.

Thanks guys.

johnhend

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:47:18 AM »
We had this come up for the first time in four years of playing last weekend (maybe it came up before, but nobody ever paid attention because we weren't playing for points or care who took out whom!).  Anyway, our "on the fly" decision was to give the "hit" to the player with the most chips at the beginning of the hand.  However, I am intrigued with the notion of giving the "hit" to the person closest to the dealer.

Anyone know what WPT or WSOP does in this situation?  I couldn't find it in their rules...

JH

korinkinchen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 03:18:54 PM »
Yes,

If a hand is a three way all-in pot there is usually a sidepot.  Side pots, if any, are supposed to be dealt with in reverse order they were created.  So if a player is eliminated the person who won the pot that eliminated him/her gets credit for the hit.  This will prevent chopped prizes unless both eliminated players had the same amount prior to the start of the hand.

Kit