Author Topic: Help with sound files  (Read 2893 times)

cjroberts001

• View Profile
Help with sound files
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
hey wondered if anyone can help me with these sound events! i had it all working with version 3 trial but cant enter ID as i get an error anyway im using the old 2.5.12 v

iv got different sounds for 2 min warning for break, start of break,  2min warning for blinds going up! but cant seem to get them to work for the break side of things

example :
Breaks
(not isRound) and (secondsElapsed = 1) and (state = 2) (this doesnt play at all :S)

2mins wanring break
(isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 122)  (this plays at the end of every level but only want it at the end of the level before the break??)

would i need i different line of code for it to work 2mins before the end the break as well?

everything else i can get to work

eg:

75-150
isRound and (smallBlind = 75) and (bigBlind = 150) and (secondsElapsed = 1)

2mins wanring blinds
(isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 122)

if anyone has any idea id be very grateful, swear i had it all working before but mite having something todo with me using an old version (cant load my template as it was saved in v3)

thank in advance :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with sound files
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
Breaks
(not isRound) and (secondsElapsed = 1) and (state = 2) (this doesnt play at all :S)

secondsElapsed wasn't added until version 3.  What are you trying to accomplish?  This sounds like you want an event to fire at the start of a break (or one second into a break).  That could be done just by using the "A level starts" trigger and conditions (not isRound) and (state = 2).  Unless you've already got an event firing at the start of the break and you want another event to fire one second later.  In that case, if your breaks are all the same length, you can use the secondsLeft variable.  If your breaks are differing lengths, you might be stuck, unless you want to make multiple events, one for each break of differing lengths.  More work and tied to a particular rounds schedule.

2mins wanring break
(isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 122)  (this plays at the end of every level but only want it at the end of the level before the break??)

You need the nextIsBreak variable.  Again, not added until version 3.  If you don't mind "hard-coding" your events to a particular schedule, you can add a clause to the conditions to check for specific rounds.  Say you had breaks after rounds 3, 6, and 9:

(isRound) and (state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 122) and ((roundNum = 3) or (roundNum = 6) or (roundNum = 9))

Move this one above other similar events that are more general, since this one checks for specific rounds.

cjroberts001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
Thanks Corey!

im assuming that (smallBlind = ) and (bigBlind =  are used in later versions as well? which would be why i couldnt get that to work either! Will i have to manually do it for each round (roundNum = ) ???

Thanks again great help and great software even if i am stuck using an old version :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »
im assuming that (smallBlind = ) and (bigBlind =  are used in later versions as well? which would be why i couldnt get that to work either!

Yes, smallBlind and bigBlind were also added in 3.0.

Will i have to manually do it for each round (roundNum = )

I must have missed what you are referring to, but probably the answer is yes.   :(