Author Topic: Automatic prizes  (Read 2594 times)

ScottBroker

• View Profile
Automatic prizes
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:28:09 PM »
I like the automatic prize, except by default, it checks the "share prize"  I keep that for my troubles.  How do I get it to not do that automatically?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic prizes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:03:11 PM »
I like the automatic prize, except by default, it checks the "share prize"  I keep that for my troubles.  How do I get it to not do that automatically?

You can set up your own automatic prizes, and thus remove the "share leftover" option.  See the section "Configuring Prize Levels" in the built-in help (section 26).

ScottBroker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:55:46 PM »
How do I do this?  I tried changing 'true' to 'false' , and that did not work.  Could youy send me an edited version to omit it?

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »
How do I do this?  I tried changing 'true' to 'false' , and that did not work.  Could youy send me an edited version to omit it?

Thanks

There are 3 main steps to configuring your own automatic prizes:
(1) Copying the original automatic prizes configuration file
(2) Making your changes
(3) Configuring the Tournament Director to use the new automatic prizes configuration file

Follow these steps:
(1) Open Windows Explorer
(2) Navigate to where you installed the Tournament Director (typically C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2)
(3) In the lib folder, make a copy of the file automaticPrizes.xml.  Name it MyAutomaticPrizes.xml.
(4) Edit MyAutomaticPrizes.xml with Notepad or another text editor. Make the changes you want, and save the file.
(5) In the Tournament Director, go to the Preferences tab and press the Config Files button.
(6) Under Prizes Configuration Files, press the Browse... button next to Automatic prizes file, and browse to MyAutomaticPrizes.xml.
(7) Press OK.

This tells the TD that from now on you wish to use MyAutomaticPrizes.xml to configure the automatic prizes feature.