Author Topic: Lag  (Read 921 times)

Whiterhino

• View Profile
Lag
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:52:28 PM »
Hi Corey,

I have no idea whether this issue is related to the recent wok around that we implemented for the 'latency' topic but I now have a far more serious problem.

Tournament opens fine and seems to operate as normal, but when I try to make any typed amendments, for instance message in the notes box or perhaps to change the tournament title the keystrokes do not respond for some considerable time.

When refreshing tournaments the software is taking 3-4 seconds for each tournament which is much longer than previous.

I have reworked the mshta fix, emptied cache files and checked for viruses and/or malware and my system appears to be clean. All other software seems to work OK on my pc.

Last updates were done on 30th March but none relevant to IE just MS Office

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but it's rendered my TD unusable.

Expecting a few pals around this evening do you have any ideas please?

TIA

Whiterhino

• View Profile
Re: Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:21:19 AM »
Check This video out please.... what's even weirder is that typing in the cell properties box is perfect.

Tried to upload video file without success so please view on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePClrVQgCps&feature=youtu.be

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
Watched the video, and that definitely is weird.  At first I thought for sure it was the same dropped keystrokes issue, but clearly none were dropped.  I have no explanation for this.  I also have no explanation for why the cell properties dialog would work normally.  They're all using the same type of control, a simple HTML <textarea>.  Actually, the cell HTML input has additional handlers on it, which, if anything, could slow it down.  Try pasting a LOT of text into a the cell HTML input and see how slow it gets (I fixed that in 3.4.b2 or b3 however).

I wish I could offer something, but I got nothing.  Of course, you can always try the beta version, but if you've already applied the mshta.exe fix, I don't see how it might be any different.

Keep us updated if anything changes.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 03:46:01 AM »
Will do Corey thanks for the reply

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:36:33 PM »
Well this very weird problem appears to have cleared up all by itself.... oh it's a happy life being a techy lol.

Thanks for listening as always.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Maybe it was something else going on with your PC at the time.  A few minutes ago I opened Word, began typing, and experienced a very similar lag.  It cleared up 30 seconds later.  Not saying it was the same thing, but I figured at the time something else was going on.  Even if I didn't have 10+ other applications open at the same time, our PCs have a good 50 to 150 other processes running in the background at any given time, doing who-knows-what.