Author Topic: Local Poker advertising  (Read 4084 times)

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
Local Poker advertising
« on: December 14, 2006, 07:04:12 AM »
Hi,
   I have been using the tournament director software off and on for home games - I will be buying a commercial license in the new year when I get a decent laptop that works.

However my question is this - for advertising what do you find is the best method whilst keeping costs down?

Many thanks

Skelly  ;D
Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
Re: Local Poker advertising
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:53:41 AM »
I assume you'll be running some pretty large games.  I play with 32-50, and they come from either word-of-mouth from my other players or inquiries on our website. 

For my town, there's a website that lists all the local charity games.  http://www.derbycitypoker.com/  If your area doesn't already have something like this, why not start one?  You could allow others to list their events as well, thus increasing traffic and ensuring more people see the info about your own event. 

Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 08:55:21 AM by MooseWizard »
The man, the myth, the moose!

brenner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:21:33 AM »
Where do you host your poker tourney?  I am always looking for new players but rely on word-of-mouth or my own recruiting because, since it is at my house, I don't want strangers coming to my game.

How has your luck been with having strangers at your game?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 10:58:14 AM »
The leagues Mooch@76 and the Potters are both ran in local pubs we are based in the South East of England

We have home games, but as you said I don't like having strangers playing for cash in my gaff.

So we allow all comers into the pub league and it is going quite well. Fingers crossed for the new year and maybe a couple of other local pubs.

Shark-stats.co.uk online poker league management - no programming needed just great stats everytime

interactivePoker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:19 AM »
the 1 site I use for advertising, which has lots of poker local games  http://my905.com/interactivechat/index.php
it works great
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:16:10 AM by interactivePoker »

skelly82

• Shark-stats admin
    • View Profile
    • Shark Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 08:17:19 AM »
Well here is an update of what is happening with sussex-poker.co.uk

we have been running for about 3 months and we have a steady amount of people for monday nights in one pub.

We are starting tonight in a new pub that have "invited" us to run games there.

The website is in a little need of some TLC and it will be getting this in the next day or two.  :P

Its good fun being the TD for those nights - any other people here like being the TD looking after your dealers?