Author Topic: About bounty  (Read 5569 times)

mm48

• View Profile
About bounty
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
Hi all

I want to have 3 bounties :
    1 will automatically be awarded to the player who knocks out of the tournament a selected player.
    1  will automatically be awarded to the player who knocks out of the tournament a random player.
    1 other will automatically be awarded to the player who knocks out of the tournament a random player.

Will these 3 bounties automatically be awarded to 3 differents players or this choice is really random (it's possible to have 3 bouties on the same player) ?

Thank's

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: About bounty
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »
You would need to do this by creating prizes on the Prizes tab, with the Recipient set to a specific player for the 1st and the Recipient set to a Random player for then 2nd and 3rd.  The software will automatically award the 2nd and 3rd to random players.  Yes it is random.  They could conceivably go to the same player, or to different players.

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:46 AM »
Thank's Corey

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 05:41:08 AM »
Please another question :

for each of these bounty how can i create an event whith a sound and displaying this message :

BOUNTY (xpoints) TO (name of player  who knocks out of the tournament a selected player or the random player) FOR KNOCKING OUT (name of the selected player or the random player)

JimG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
After reading this post about a Random prize, I tried to set up a random award of $100, but could not get it to work.  I have taken the following steps:
1. Set up a Random Player prize of $100
2. Created an event with Trigger: A random player is chosen for a prize the condition: isRound and an action to play a sound and pause the clock.

So far I can't get it to work... The prize gets awarded, but sound never plays and the clock doesn't pause. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
Please another question :

for each of these bounty how can i create an event whith a sound and displaying this message :

BOUNTY (xpoints) TO (name of player  who knocks out of the tournament a selected player or the random player) FOR KNOCKING OUT (name of the selected player or the random player)

1) Go to the Events tab
2) Press New Event button
3) Select Create a new event from scratch and press OK
4) Enter a description for the new event
5) For Trigger select A random player is chosen for a prize
6) For Conditions enter:

isBountyPrize

7) Press the New Action button
8) Select Display message
9) Enter:

BOUNTY <prizepoints> TO <hitman> FOR KNOCKING OUT <randomname>

10) Press the OK button, then press the OK button again

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
After reading this post about a Random prize, I tried to set up a random award of $100, but could not get it to work.  I have taken the following steps:
1. Set up a Random Player prize of $100
2. Created an event with Trigger: A random player is chosen for a prize the condition: isRound and an action to play a sound and pause the clock.

So far I can't get it to work... The prize gets awarded, but sound never plays and the clock doesn't pause. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just tried it and it worked for me.  Prize is set to "Random player" (not Bounty on random player).  Same trigger and conditions you specified.  Message is RANDOM PRIZE AWARDED TO <randomname>.  Popped right up after busting a few players out.

Only thing I can think of is another event is being triggered instead of this one.  Do you have an event for when a player busts out of the tournament?  Since the random prizes are awarded when players bust-out, if you have another event using the "A player busts-out" trigger and it is listed before this one on the Events tab, it will get triggered and not this one.  Only one event will be triggered at any time.

JimG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
Yes, I have another bust out event... I will move the Random prize event up to top of event list and try it.

Thanks

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »

I made a test tournament with these proposals, but I got no message
above my parameters

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »
So close!

OK, based on your screenshots, you've got 3 relevant prizes configured.  One is for a bounty on a specific player (Player 2).  The other two are awarded to random players.  The reason you're not seeing the event fired is the event's Conditions.  The Conditions say "isBountyPrize", meaning only fire when the prize being awarded is a bounty on another player.  Since the trigger is "A random player is chosen for a prize", the event could be triggered by either a prize being awarded to a random player (like your two prizes) OR a prize being awarded as a result of busting out a random player (a bounty on a random player).  The Conditions restrict it to the second (a bounty on a random player).  But you don't have any prizes that are awarded as a bounty on a random player.  Thus, no firing of the event.

Remove the conditions (leave the Conditions blank) and this should work for when one of those 2 prizes is awarded to a random player.

Two more small notes:

1) You'll probably want to clean up the message that is displayed.  Remove the extra < in front of <hitman>.  And put spaces in between the words and the tokens, or else everything in the message will run together:

<prizepoints> TO <hitman> FOR KNOCKING <randomname>

2) I see that the Cheat Sheet button has text on it.  :)  (I'm referring of course to this: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4641.msg19581#msg19581)

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »
Now it seems perfect for the 2 random players.
But no message for  bounty on a specific player (Player 2).
I think i must have a specific event for this bounty but what trigger in this case ? I have only "A random player is chosen for a prize".

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
I think i found :

For the selected player (one)
tigger : a player busts out
Conditions : Internal ID = "InternalID of the selected player"

For the random player (two)
tigger :  A random player is chosen for a prize
Conditions : no condition

Better solution ?

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »
oops, other problem with bounty event

I have also an other event
tigger : a time balance is suggested
without condition
Action : sound "time balance"

If a balance is suggested due to a bounty a bounty is busted out i have not the sound and message of bounty event

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 10:36:52 AM »
I think i found :

For the selected player (one)
tigger : a player busts out
Conditions : Internal ID = "InternalID of the selected player"

For the random player (two)
tigger :  A random player is chosen for a prize
Conditions : no condition

Better solution ?

Yes.  Since you are wanting an event to fire when a bounty prize is awarded, the best method (maybe the only method) is to have the event fire when the bounty player busts out.

oops, other problem with bounty event

I have also an other event
tigger : a time balance is suggested
without condition
Action : sound "time balance"

If a balance is suggested due to a bounty a bounty is busted out i have not the sound and message of bounty event

Correct.  Only one event will fire.  If you would prefer the bounty event to fire, move it higher in the list of events than the "balance" event.  When something occurs in your tournament that could trigger an event, the list of events is scanned from top to bottom.  The first event matching the conditions will be fired.

mm48

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »
Sorry by i don't find "the bounty player busts out".
I have only "a player busts out" and "A random player is chosen for a prize"