Author Topic: Cash Games  (Read 2787 times)

GPTSki

• View Profile
Cash Games
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:23:05 AM »
Sometimes we play cash games and I really like the hitman feature and how TD tracks the rebuys.  I've used it for a number of cash games but i've not figured out a way to end the tournament and have it show accurate results.  I know it wasnt designed for it but can anyone think of a creative way of doing it?

in other words, one guy might play for 2 hours and cash out for the highest amount of the night.  In a way he 'busts' out of the tourney and cashes in his chips.  The rest of us might play for the next 3 hours and people leave at various times.. Eithey they bust ouyt and dont rebuy or they're need to go to work the next day and cash in what they have in front of them

IU'd like to track that Cash Out amount and take them out of the tourment.

I paused the game and saved it until I could reasonably figure out how to do it...

We do track performance at the cash games, too.  Buit it can be hard to tell w/all the rebuys,, but TD really solved that! 

Any ideas on cashing out and leaving the 'tournament'

Watson

• View Profile
Re: Cash Games
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »
Cash games don't need the TD at all I would think.

Just play for as long as you want to, and if people cash out then thats fine. Just play it like a real game, so they can't 'go south'

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:25:14 PM »
Haven't thought this out too much, but how about performing a chop at the end?  When your game is done, press CTRL+C.  This will initiate a game-ending chop, where all of the remaining players effectively bust out and split the pot.  You can divide the pot however you choose.

GPTSki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:07:32 PM »
Cash games don't need the TD at all I would think.

Just play for as long as you want to, and if people cash out then thats fine. Just play it like a real game, so they can't 'go south'

That's what we've always done.  But since this tracks rebuys and hitmen, the guys would like to see the end results and that sexy output.

Plus we've experimented with raising the blinds a little as the night goes on.  With rebuys and such, the inital blinds don't mean as much.  It's not the typical cash game where people come and go all night, it's basically the same guys.

GPTSki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:12:33 PM »
Haven't thought this out too much, but how about performing a chop at the end?  When your game is done, press CTRL+C.  This will initiate a game-ending chop, where all of the remaining players effectively bust out and split the pot.  You can divide the pot however you choose.

Yea i tried that, but that ends the entire game.  Let's say one guy leaves but he busted out like 4 people and leaves because he has to go to work the next day.  He may have tripled up.  We track who made the most profit that night and post him in the winning spot.  The guy who left may have in fact come in first.  But we won't know till everyone gives up and goes home.

I know TD is totally not desiged for people to leave the tourney whenever they want to and cash in thier chips.  I was hoping there was a creative way to work around this.  Rememeber, people can leave at any time and the game will still keep going.

I experimented with busting them out and not declaring a hitman. I've also tried to unseat the player w/all of his chips.  No real luck.... I might end up fudging the resulting HTML to reflect it wasnt really a bust out.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 11:00:15 PM by GPTSki »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 10:53:49 PM »
Like you said, you can bust them out without declaring a hitman.  Then fudge their numbers with whatever they take away.  To do that, edit the player on the Players tab and adjust his winnings manually.

segundo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 04:03:40 PM »
Maybe in a future version we could have an option to set up a tourny or cash game. I host a high stakes cash game almost everynight and it would be nice to be able to take winnings, hits, etc.