Author Topic: Suggestion for Plasma TVs  (Read 2138 times)

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
Suggestion for Plasma TVs
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
I recently purchased a 42" Plasma TV for the tournament ;-)

After the first tourney which was about 4 hours ther was some burn in - It went a way when I turned it to a tv show for a little while.

But I became concerned about prolonged use.  Does anyone have any ideas that can assist with bypassing this burn in effect?

Keith

dik9

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Plasma TVs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »
If you don't want the burn, be sure not to lock the screen and set the player ranking to scroll, alternate the screens every 30 seconds. Burn usuaslly only happens with a static screen. You can also set the Odds and even rounds to different text sizes for added protection. Don't use strong contrasting colours i.e. Black Background with white text, try a lighter background with darker text.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:38:46 PM by dik9 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
The software also has a built-in "screen saver", which was really meant for plasma TVs.  All it does is a periodic color inversion.  You can set how often and for how long the colors are inverted.  Look on the Preferences tab.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 03:54:53 PM »
Thank you both for the replies...

Corey, with that screen saver on will it still update the image as rounds change etc...

I think i will try a mixture of both due to the bars that divide the cells are the main thing that seems to burn in...

thanks again
keith

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 04:25:58 PM »
The screen saver does not interfere with the changing of screens or anything else.  It simply "inverts" the colors on the screen.  The "inverse" of a color (in this context) is its RGB complement.  Its RGB values are inverted.  Not sure how else to explain it.

Nevertheless, it works on everything on the screen.  Including cell borders, images, everything.

To get an idea of what it does, just go to the Preferences tab, check "Enable Screen Saver", set "How often" to 5 and "For how long" to 3.  Now go to the Tournament page and watch.

Of course, you don't want values that small during your live tournament.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
Thanks again I will check it out tonight