Author Topic: Sound event Condition?  (Read 2814 times)

bmontana33

• View Profile
Sound event Condition?
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »
At the start of every round (except round 1) I have a sound file state "new blind levels". However, at the start of the rounds after my breaks (4, 7, and 14) I would like it to say "shuffle up and deal". The formula I'm trying to use is:

Trigger is: a level starts
(state = 2) and (isRound) and ((roundNum = 4) and (roundNum = 7) and (roundNum = 14))

But its not working. Preferably, is there a way to state every round after a break? or, how do I correctly condition the sound to go off at the beginning of specific rounds?

Thanks.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Sound event Condition?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »
At the start of every round (except round 1) I have a sound file state "new blind levels". However, at the start of the rounds after my breaks (4, 7, and 14) I would like it to say "shuffle up and deal". The formula I'm trying to use is:

(state = 2) and (isRound) and ((roundNum = 4) and (roundNum = 7) and (roundNum = 14))

But its not working. Preferably, is there a way to state every round after a break? or, how do I correctly condition the sound to go off at the beginning of specific rounds?

Thanks.

Easy fix for this one (as far as I know, at least). where you have the AND inbetween roundNum 4, 7, and 14, replace them with OR. As you have it now, it needs to be all three rounds at once, which is impossible, in order for it to fire. Since it cannot be, it will never fire. With the OR, as long as one of the conditions is true, then it will fire once it finds one to make it true.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
(state = 2) and (isRound) and ((roundNum = 4) or (roundNum = 7) or (roundNum = 14))

Make sure this event is above your ordinary blinds are now... event

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

bmontana33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I tried switching the ands for ors previously, but the test conditions stated false, so I thought that was wrong, even though it made sense it my head. After your suggestions I tried it again, buy instead of taking the false for granted, I tested it in a tournament, and it worked. So thanks.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
Thanks guys. I tried switching the ands for ors previously, but the test conditions stated false, so I thought that was wrong, even though it made sense it my head. After your suggestions I tried it again, buy instead of taking the false for granted, I tested it in a tournament, and it worked. So thanks.

When it says "false" or "true", what it's talking about is the conditions that you have set up to test it with. so if, during testing, you have it set as state=2, isRound, and roundNum=14, then you would get the TRUE condition. If it were to be roundNum=1, then you'd get the FALSE condition.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!