Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Templates, Layouts and Sounds / change picture in the layout
« Last post by capztan on Today at 11:36:40 AM »
Hi guys

can i change the background picture in an layout, and how do i do that??

ive got absolutley no clue how to work in html.

sry about my english but i hope you get what i mean
Help Me / Re: Running the Trial - Couple of Issues/Questions
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 17, 2018, 06:22:59 PM »
Hello,

I have downloaded the trial and am playing around with the software and have run into a couple of issues & questions that I would like some assistance with.

1) The control screen freezes up periodically and I have to close out everything and reload.  I have had this occur after exporting statistics to csv and when attempting to modify prizes.  The only way to resolve is to quit and reload - am I doing something wrong?

This is quite possibly the memory leak issue discussed in this thread: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5326.0

2) Now that I have run a few test tournaments - how can I clear my player Statistics so I am ready for my first real tournament?

There's no need, because statistics don't "accumulate" in the way you might be thinking.  Statistics are generated from all of your saved tournaments.  To see the relevant statistics, such as those from the current season only, you'll want to modify the stats filter so that it allows only the tournaments you're interested in and filters out all the rest.  Of course, if you've only created test tournaments and no longer need them, you can simply delete those saved files so that the stats won't see them.  But you can also create a "Season" on the database tab and select that season for your next, real tournament.  Then on the Stats tab you create a new profile that selects that season.  Or skip the season altogether and simply create a profile that selects tournaments from a specific time frame.

3) Is there anyway to add an "On Time" bonus without manually changing player starting stack?  Manual method is easy enough, just curious if there is a better way

You can use the Buy-in profiles.  Create one for On Time players and one for Late players.  Set the starting stacks appropriately.  When buying-in players, select the appropriate profile.

4) Blind level announcements - are there audio files to announce blinds?

Not included with the application, but a search of the forums, or a google search should turn up plenty.
Help Me / Running the Trial - Couple of Issues/Questions
« Last post by craigt78 on January 17, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »
Hello,

I have downloaded the trial and am playing around with the software and have run into a couple of issues & questions that I would like some assistance with.

1) The control screen freezes up periodically and I have to close out everything and reload.  I have had this occur after exporting statistics to csv and when attempting to modify prizes.  The only way to resolve is to quit and reload - am I doing something wrong?

2) Now that I have run a few test tournaments - how can I clear my player Statistics so I am ready for my first real tournament?

3) Is there anyway to add an "On Time" bonus without manually changing player starting stack?  Manual method is easy enough, just curious if there is a better way

4) Blind level announcements - are there audio files to announce blinds?

I am running Windows 10 and IE 11.192.16299.0

Thanks!
Craig
Help Me / Re: Black screens and application slow down
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 15, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
I do believe this is a memory issue specifically with IE 11.  Googling "internet explorer 11 memory leak" gives a ton of other applications experiencing the issue.  I think the biggest problem stems from the fact that Microsoft appears to be "done" with IE, so there's unlikely to be a fix, and at the same time Microsoft is forcing everyone to use IE 11.  I'm definitely working on it.  I'm hoping to find a smoking gun - some change in the TD application that exposed the IE 11 memory leak, but I'm afraid it's going to end up being a lot of little things that have accumulated over time.

As an example of a smoking gun, memory usage increased quite a bit from version 3.1 to 3.2.  That makes it a good place to look for things in the application that changed.  I found a big one: I added jQuery in version 3.2 (I didn't actually use it yet but it's loaded with the rest of the code).  When I removed it in my test, the memory size decreased a lot.  Not all the way back to 3.1 levels, but nevertheless a serious improvement.  The problem is, since I wasn't using jQuery I removed it from the application in a later version.  Yet we're still here with a big memory issue.  So while it felt like a smoking gun, it turns out it's not.
« Last post by danDTGB on January 15, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
I thought I had already responded on here. Evidently not.

As for when the error message comes up, not fully sure. It's the first time I've seen that particular one - which caused it to crash immediately after.

We typically operate split screen. The TV shows the tournament clock. We run the tournament via the table page and remove players from there. So, not sure if the issues are when it auto-saves.

Our tournaments typically range from 50-70 players for one game and 120-140 players for the other. We have definitely had more issues with the larger game than the smaller. Problems occur earlier and more often.

In fact, it's forced us to use 2 laptops to run the same event. In doing this, when one crashes we can keep the clock running on the other and try to get times coordinated.

I can say that we've been working with Corey via email for quite some time on the problem and he's been awesome helping us. Unfortunately, the program still has the problem. In fact, I hate to say it but it appears to be getting worse.

We've been using TD for a number of years. Overall pretty pleased. This is my only complaint and I hope a fix is coming soon.
Help Me / Re: Error messages when attempting to open TD
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 12, 2018, 11:11:22 PM »
Because the TD is not functional with this issue, you can't perform a backup with the TD.  A manual backup is pretty easy.

If you have multiple "Data Stores", or even a Data Store that is not located in the default location, then you have an uncommon situation.  If this is you, and you don't know how to make a manual backup, contact me by emailing support@thetournamentdirector.net.

Otherwise you have the common situation.  That means your data has been saved to the folder "The Tournament Director 2" in your "Documents" folder.  Yes, even if you have version 3.

To take a manual backup, just make a copy of the folder "The Tournament Director 2".  To do this manually, you can open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows key and the E key together.  Then in the location bar type "documents" and press Enter.  Then right-click on the folder "The Tournament Director 2" and select "Copy".  Then, right-click on the "Documents" folder and select "Paste".  You've just made a backup copy of the TD.  You're ready to install a new version of the TD.  Should something go wrong, you have a backup of your data.

Help Me / Re: Error messages when attempting to open TD
« Last post by maneframe150 on January 12, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »
Corey,

Before I download the newest version, it says I should perform a backup.  However, I can't open the TD, so how can I perform a backup?

I don't want to lose anything....

Thanks
Help Me / Re: Adobe Flash with TD 3.42
« Last post by Damion on January 11, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »
thanks a lot, so it is working :)

« Last post by Silver Owl on January 11, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
Rolling back to 3.3 worked for me. I've never had the black screen with 3.3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10