Author Topic: Is there a way to only count best 8 out of 16 games' scores?  (Read 5433 times)

poncho72

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way to only count best 8 out of 16 games' scores?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:16:52 AM »
Now i am confused and still got no solution for my issue!  :(
Poncho
============================

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »
Stats Tab,  click, columns     scroll down until you see Overall Scores,  Overall Scores 2,  Overall Scores 3, etc  click arrow to add  or  click Filter, bottom right click, Overall Scoring,

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
I was real excited when I saw this thread because our league we play 18 tournaments and only count the top 10 games.  So I entered:

sum(top(10, scores))

Into the Overall score formula, overall score.  It did not filter the overall points.  When I entered scores and did a test it worked for the test, but not on the league scores.  It's not a big deal cause I just use an excel sheet and upload it to google docs and link it to my league web site.  Since I export each tournament in HMTL and then upload them to my website So our members can see the points I wanted the overall scores to have the same look.

My tournament points formula is just:

log((n + 1) / r)

Now I forgot to write down what the default overall formula was before I changed it.  Corey, can you tell me the default formula?

You can always see the "default" formulas by selecting the Default filter.  This filter cannot be changed.  Select the Default filter then just click the Tournament Scoring or Overall Scoring button to see those formulas.

See this topic for a more detailed explanation of those formulas and what you should see on the Stats tab:

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2101.0

biggpokerfan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
Well after reading every post word for word and then looking at the screen shots, I FINALLY got it right.

Man is this software powerful.

I've tried most of the others and this is by far superior.

Thanks for the help guys.