Author Topic: Layout Set Up Question  (Read 1253 times)

Usireland

• View Profile
Layout Set Up Question
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:22:17 PM »
Hello

I have a slight layout Problem.  I have 4 different "Page" for various stages during the tournament.  I have one which i use for the first 8 levels, it displays the usual things people left etc, I then have another one which is used for the next 3 levels which shows the prize pool and the same details.  After this i have a "Page" which no longer shows Next Break since there are no more breaks.  The final one is the same as number 3 but has the font size of the blinds reduced so that it can accommodate large values like 10000 / 20000 etc. without wrapping onto two lines.

The problem is that in order to accomplish this at the moment, I have to set up a "Screen Set" for each level so that it displays the correct "Page".  Is there anyway to set up a "screen set" so that it will run for Level 1-8 say.  I have tried doing it by other things but rebuys stop long before level 8 so that's not possible.  I can still do it with setting up a screen set for each level but to me it seems like a lot of wasted time

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Ian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Layout Set Up Question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:41:07 PM »
There isn't an easier way at the moment.

The plan is to change the Conditions for cells, screen sets, etc, so that they can use a formula, like events do now.  That would make it possible for you to create 1 screen set with a formula like "isRound and roundNumber <= 8", which would cause the screen set to be used for each of the first 8 rounds, instead of what you have to do now, which is create a screen set for each round.

By implementing this, we can also get rid of Property Groups, and just have Property Sets for cells, making them less complex.  Then perhaps a design mode that will lock the main display to the screen you are currently working with on the Layout tab (ie, see changes as you make them), drag-and-drop of cells, rows, columns, on the Layout tab ...  and the list goes on.

Usireland

• View Profile
Re: Layout Set Up Question
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Corey.

Thats what I love about The Tournament Director, whether there is a simpler solution or not, you always get a quick reply

Thanks Again Corey
Regards
Ian