Author Topic: Deleting a Rake  (Read 3915 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Deleting a Rake
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »
I don't know if this is normal but under the preferences tab I selected Rakes and when I right click on a Rake that was added from a previous TD version, the delete option is grayed out. If I right click on a Rake that was added from the current version (3.2b3) I am able to delete the selected rake.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting a Rake
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
You can only delete the most recent rake.  If you've got 3 rakes: Rake 1, Rake 2, and Rake 3, you can only delete Rake 3.  After you delete Rake 3, you can delete Rake 2.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »
Ok, any particular reason for not being able to delete the other Rakes?

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Has to do with the fact that the number of rakes is a preference and rakes actually collected are saved in each tournament.  As an example, you could have 3 rakes defined for a long time, playing many tournaments, and then change the number of rakes to 2.  What happens for those tournaments where 3 rakes were collected?  They're still there, and used to compute pots and rakes, but the 3rd rake won't be listed since there are only 2 rakes defined in the preferences.  If you were able to delete rake 1, for instance, not only would only 2 rakes display on those tournaments where you previously had collected 3 rakes, but the value collected for "rake 1" would now be displayed as "rake 2", and the value collected for "rake 2" would not be displayed as "rake 3".  Being able to only delete the 3rd rake is a small (and probably futile) attempt at keeping the rake names (in preferences) and the actual rakes (in tournaments) coordinated.