Author Topic: Tournament Complete Screen needed  (Read 973 times)

Floydthedog

• View Profile
Tournament Complete Screen needed
« on: September 03, 2015, 12:51:24 PM »
We are running a team event with several small timed tournaments and I was wondering if there is anyway to put up a "Tournament Complete" screen at the end of the last level? I looked around and could not find an easy way to do this. Would like to have a message as well. Any suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Complete Screen needed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »
The built-in layouts usually put up "Game Over" when the tournament ends (not after the last level, but after the last player busts out).  You can simply edit the Blinds cell (that's usually where it is, since there's no need for Blinds after the tournament ends), and click through the various property sets.  In the Contents you'll see the Game Over message, and you can just click the Contents to edit it, and change it to whatever you like.

Floydthedog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »
Solved.

Here is a simple step by step.

In Layout in whatever cell you wish to use ...
1. add a new property set "GameOver"
2. use condition "secondsLeft<1" because the clock starts to count up after the last defined level if there are still players "in"
3. edit the contents of the cell (property set GameOver) with whatever message you want

I added this property set to several cells and hid some and put messages in others and used the clock cell for the big "Game Over" message.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
Possible issue: secondsLeft will be zero at the end of every level.  By default the Seconds between levels preference is set to 4 seconds, which means secondsLeft will be zero for 4 seconds between each level.  I'm not sure there's any way to know from a Conditions perspective if you're into that "off the schedule" territory.