Author Topic: A little help here, please?  (Read 1571 times)

emc300

• View Profile
A little help here, please?
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »
2 questions:

1.  In version 2.4.3, a separate screen used to appear before the tournament started and the box used to flash "Ready to Start" or "Countdown to Start....." depending on which you used.  I have a newer version now, but I lost that screen that I liked.  Now I am looking at the Round 1 screen when counting down to start.  Any way to get the pre tourney screen back?

2.  Is there a way to condense the Blind Schedule screen that is used with the clock(love this feature) to get rid of any column that I don't need?  Seeing all of those zeros is very annoying and causes a side scroll I don't want.

I know these forums are a great way to get info as I read them all the time.  I am a little lost on this, though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A little help here, please?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:40:58 PM »
1.  In version 2.4.3, a separate screen used to appear before the tournament started and the box used to flash "Ready to Start" or "Countdown to Start....." depending on which you used.  I have a newer version now, but I lost that screen that I liked.  Now I am looking at the Round 1 screen when counting down to start.  Any way to get the pre tourney screen back?

The "default" layout was changed so that it did not include the built-in Player Rankings and Seating Chart screens in rotation.  The "default" layout used to be "BlueAndGreen.tlo", and was "built-in" to the software.  Now, the software loads the layout "Default.tlo" when it starts up and uses that as the "default" layout - this layout does not rotate screens.  So, you can load the "BlueAndGreen.tlo" layout to get back the functionality that you are missing.

By the way, this was done in the name of keeping things simpler for the average user.

2.  Is there a way to condense the Blind Schedule screen that is used with the clock(love this feature) to get rid of any column that I don't need?  Seeing all of those zeros is very annoying and causes a side scroll I don't want.

Edit the Blinds Schedule properties (right-click on the Blinds Schedule screen and select "Blinds Schedule Screen Properties" or press the "Other Properties" button on the Layout tab), then press the "Edit Columns" button.  Configure it the way you like it.

FYI, the properties for the various built-in screens are all part of the Layout.  So I would suggest loading the "BlueAndGreen.tlo" layout to get back the screens you want to see, then editing the properties of the Blinds Schedule page to set up the columns the way you like, then saving the layout.  Then when you start a new tournament, load up the layout you saved and you're all set to go.

emc300

• View Profile
Re: A little help here, please?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »
By the way, this was done in the name of keeping things simpler for the average user

I do consider myself an average user, however, I am learning as much of this program as I possibly can.  I do thank you for all of your help and thanks again for a great program.