Author Topic: Show file name of Templates  (Read 2787 times)

elprime

• View Profile
Show file name of Templates
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:05:31 PM »
 ;D Hi, everyone. Does it happent to you?  ??? Every time i am modifying my templates of Rounds or others i forgot what is the name of the template that is beeing used.  :'(

Every tournament is different and i if just want to change form 3 to 5 minutes the time of a brake. I just dont know what was the file i was using and i have lots of flies now that are very similar or just have that small diference i was talking about.

My suggestion is, Can you Put in the left column (or on top or where ever you like) of the Rounds, Prizes, Tables, Layout, Sounds, Chips Tabs. The name of the file that is displayed on that especific moment of the tournamet.

Thanks

;D

PPPanimal

• View Profile
Re: Show file name of Templates
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »
Just a tip, you don't have to save each change as a template for Rounds, Prizes, Tables, Layout, Sounds, Chips etc.
when you save a tourny it saves all the Rounds, Prizes, Tables, Layout, Sounds, and Chips info right in the tourny file.
templates are only needed if you intend to create a whole new tourny setup from scrach and want to load just the sounds
setup from an older tourny or just the layout of another.  I run diff tourny setups at each place i host tourny's but no longer
worry about templates.  I just load the last tourny i used at a certain place, make changes or updates and resave it as the date
of the next tourny.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »
Not only that, but when you load a template (rounds, sounds, layout, etc), the software doesn't retain a "link" to that template, it simply loads the template and replaces the [rounds, sounds, layout, etc] in the current tournament with what is in the template.  In other words, it doesn't know that the rounds part of your tournament came from the file "MyRounds.trt".

I understand your issue: you want to modify a specific rounds template (for example), so you load it, work with it for a while, but then when it is time to save the template, you've forgotten which template you were "working with".  But the software centers around the tournament, not templates, so I am afraid you are just going to have to remember.

elprime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 11:37:51 AM »
Corey and PPPanimal thank you both, every time i host i do what you say. Save everything and for the next just save as... but the tourneys are always different as i always expect 20 pepople give or take 1 or 2 and then 32 people show so i have to load different templates for prizes, tables, and the next tourney you have to change templates again.

That is the thing. if you change something and works better were do you save it? then there can be 20 templates with just small differences beetween them, and only use 3 or 4.

Instead if you know wich template you are modifing you save it and thats it.

I see your point when you say it is not a link but you can just as an informative thing wich template is just in case.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:44:52 AM »
I think what I can add is code that remembers what the last saved or loaded template filename was.  Then, when you press the Save Template button, the save dialog will have that name pre-filled-in.  This isn't foolproof, but should probably accomplish what you are asking for.  I'll look into it.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 07:15:31 PM »
If its mainly the prizes that you find yourself editing then just make your own autoprize file with all the diff prize setups you like to use and define when to use each one.  then as you buy in players it will automatically update your prizes with the diff amounts based on how many join the game.