Author Topic: Token for name of 1st or 2nd place winners etc.  (Read 2228 times)

PPPanimal

• View Profile
Token for name of 1st or 2nd place winners etc.
« on: May 30, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
I have looked around your site for awhile looking for this answer but can't seam to find it yet.

What is the variable name that would show the name of the player who busted out 3rd or 4th etc?
(I just want to access his name and display it in a cell)
What is the variable names used to show the number of points a player would get if they busted out 2nd or 3rd?
(I need this info for a menu that shows before and during the tourney, not at the time they bust out.)

What i am trying to setup is a POINT SYSTEM menu to show how many points a player will get for each position.

1st = 690
2nd = 380 or whatever

but this point system changes with the number of players so i need a way to look up the value that TD is going to assign to the player that busts out in each of these positions.  I have a formula in TD now which assigns these points when they bust out and shows the points in the ranking screen but wanted to have a list on the main screen showing how many points they could expect if they got 2nd or 3rd etc.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
Re: Token for name of 1st or 2nd place winners etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »
Hmmmm, ok, i have tried a few things with no luck.

I found a token called POINTSFORPLAYING and can't get it to display anything.
(although, i would like to create my own token for this anyway)

I tried using ASSIGN command to set diff variables to the values i want and use them in a cell to display the points system.
(again, no luck, it seams the math fuctions only work in the points for playing area and can not be accessed from a cell?) 
I am new to Html coding so maybe i am just not aware yet of how to do math in Html.  I will have to look into this more.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:56:19 AM »
Nobody knows how or if this can be done?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:12:12 AM »
What version of the software are you using?  I tried this (using the <pointsforplaying> token) with 2.2.2 and it works.  I tried it with the latest beta and it looks like I broke it there.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
Ok ya, i am using 2.3 beta 1.  When are you planning a fix?

Is there any other way to access the pointsforfirst or pointsforsecond info without using the pointsforplaying token?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:32:15 PM by PPPanimal »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 07:21:53 PM »
No other way, as far as I can remember.

I've already fixed it.  I might try to release a 3rd beta this weekend.  I was hoping beta 2 would be the last, but have found (and fixed) 2 bugs since releasing it on Wed...