Author Topic: Tracking Players in Side Pots and Last Longer  (Read 3386 times)

Vodden

• View Profile
Tracking Players in Side Pots and Last Longer
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:34:08 PM »

I am holding a tournament that includes both rebuys and add-ons, as well as includes the option of entering a Last Man Standing side-pot.  I have structured the tournament with 2 different buy-in profiles to facilitate the last-man, adding the optional $20 to the buy-in and taking it off as rake.  The layout tallies the Last Man pot using <totalRake> and I can tally the number of players that entered the side pot with <buyins profileName="Buy-in + Last Longer">, but it seems to leave me short trying to:

• track who bought in with that specific buy-in profile
  • track who is left that bought in using that specific profile

Any help would be appreciated

Thx

Vodden

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Players in Side Pots and Last Longer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
I can't think of any way to do that with what is implemented today.  What kind of feature would you like to see?

Vodden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »
Thanks for your reply Cory!

I think you would be able to achieve it by adding buy-in profile (and add-on and rebuy profile) as an attribute of <playerNames>.  That would do the trick.  That way I could list player names on a page filtered by the players that bought in with that profile and who have yet to bust out.  It is a non-issue if I am holding a freezeout where I can specify by add-on or rebuy since one of them would be repurposed as the Last Man pot.  It only arises when there are legit rebuys and add-ons.  I can track them thru the 'Players' page with the 'rake' column, but want to be able to do it on a tournament page.

Cheers

Vodden

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
I'll put it on the list.  :)

Vodden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 07:28:09 PM »
Awesome thanks Cory!

Lafrog

• View Profile

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
Indeed side pots tracking as a feature has been discussed before, and would likely need a lot more than this to be a fully vetted feature.  This is just a minor change to a layout token that could be easily implemented.

Not to minimize any previous discussions.  It's just in light of the work I need to do to port the application, this is a minor change.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
And thanks guys for keeping me honest.  :)

begodon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 03:40:36 AM »
Could this be added as a simple "Filter" to players still in the game?

Like a window to select "player's filter 1", where you can mark the players that you want, and display them filtered in the layout as a token.
i Think the Money part of the pot can be done manually, just using the filter to see how many players are left in the LastMan(Filter), maybe without involving the pot this can be done way easier...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
There was a request at some point to be able to mark players with a color, ostensibly to facilitate teams.  But it could be used for anything.  Just a way to sub-divide your players.