Author Topic: Automatic export of player standings  (Read 8588 times)

ts67

• View Profile
Automatic export of player standings
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
One feature I would like is the possibility to automatically export the player standings to a HTML file every x minute.

mikiewendy

• View Profile
Re: Automatic export of player standings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this but does a feature similar to this exist in our latest version?  I would like to export the player tab at a certain frequency or when a particular event has occurred such as a bust out.

The only workaround to this is either to use a macro that would perform the tasks (worried this may execute while I am in the process of using the software) or write a script that runs along TD and exports the data from the save file which is not something I would want to burn hours deciphering.

One feature I would like is the possibility to automatically export the player standings to a HTML file every x minute.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:23 AM »
I'm curious as to what the purpose would be.

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

It is a purpose I doubt you would want to put into a release due to the rare nature of the request.  :)  Anyway, my website, www.wheelingpokerclub.com, uses your export to update my online database after an event is complete.  If I was able to export real time csv files, say after each player elimination, I could upload them to my site for realtime results.

My only sensible workaround I can think of is macro software or for me to manually do it occaisionally.  If you have another suggestion that is more automated I would be glad to hear it! :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
My first response, before editing, was:

I'm curious as to what the purpose would be.  Are you uploading the files to a website for people who are following the event via the web in real time?

I suppose I guessed right.  Do you really have people watching the results in real-time?  Or would it be just a convenience for you?

Your guess at my response is pretty accurate, too.  :)

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »
Do you really have people watching the results in real-time?  Or would it be just a convenience for you?

LOL.... glad you aren't playing in my game... you read me like a book. :)

Anyway, yes there are people that would be interested in viewing the results in real time.   Many players that have been eliminated in the early rounds want to check to see how players are doing later in the evening.  There are other people, as sick as it sounds, that are interested on how their friends/family are doing.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 06:10:24 AM »
I too have players interested in this.

But a better solution I found was to create a forum/blog on your site and blog events. Like when people bust out + the hands they busted with etc...

I have even gone 1 better in some tournaments and had a live video stream running available free from http://www.ustream.tv

That was popular.. so many people phoning in saying they could see their freinds and loved it.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »
I too have players interested in this.

But a better solution I found was to create a forum/blog on your site and blog events. Like when people bust out + the hands they busted with etc...

I have even gone 1 better in some tournaments and had a live video stream running available free from http://www.ustream.tv

That was popular.. so many people phoning in saying they could see their freinds and loved it.

When I hosted my games in my home I did the live feed as well and it was well recieved.  I have since moved to a building I rent and unfortunately I don't have internet access.  However, I can use my blackberry as a modem to send smaller amounts of data such as a TD export file. :)

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »
Fair enough. It comes down to access to things.

The tournament I ran was at a bar with 60+ players.

Anyway, good luck with the export thing. I wouldn't mind a macro addition to automatically export and email to a user specified address too. The I could set up the website to import from my email and i'd almost have nothing left to do.. except enjoy poker.

:)
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:15 AM »

It is a purpose I doubt you would want to put into a release due to the rare nature of the request.  :)  Anyway, my website, www.wheelingpokerclub.com, uses your export to update my online database after an event is complete.  If I was able to export real time csv files, say after each player elimination, I could upload them to my site for realtime results.

My only sensible workaround I can think of is macro software or for me to manually do it occaisionally.  If you have another suggestion that is more automated I would be glad to hear it! :)

Hi

Very nice site did you do it yourself I am very interested in the way you have your stats laid out is all the data being imported from TD, I take it the site is not a theme but I would very much like to do something similiar with my own site www.allinpokerleague.co.uk to keep track of player stats.

I have been playing about with shark-stats server based service which uses TD's results but I like the look of yours.

Any pointers would be great.

Chas

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
Hi

Very nice site did you do it yourself I am very interested in the way you have your stats laid out is all the data being imported from TD, I take it the site is not a theme but I would very much like to do something similiar with my own site www.allinpokerleague.co.uk to keep track of player stats.

I have been playing about with shark-stats server based service which uses TD's results but I like the look of yours.

Any pointers would be great.

Chas

My process for uploading the stats is completely custom and written in PHP.  Not sure how much you know PHP so I am not going to get into all of the details here but the process in a nutshell is as follows:

I have a php script I execute that will take any uploaded td csv file that consists of nickname which is the ID of the user on my site, place, winnings, and other information.  I then update my registration database for each user that attended the tournament with this information.  All of this data is used for various components on my site such as hall of fame/shame, TOC, tournament stats, player stats, etc.

Hope this helps...  feel free to contact me if you need further detail.

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
My site has a phpboard which i am fairly comfortable with, my website itself uses the wordpress format, however if you are referring to programming php scripts then way put of my comfort zone but I am comfortbable working with moduls and scripts, editing and stuff.

Of all the poker sites I have seen yours is by far the best, I run a 13 weekly poker league with a final on the 14th week 4 times a year and I use TD to run the league how difficult would it be to adpat your site for my own league.

If and I would expect a fee to be involved in this how much would it be.

I run my poker league in a way where 100% of fees is paid back out in prizes so basically I do it for free so costs are limited.

Thanks

Chas

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
My site has a phpboard which i am fairly comfortable with, my website itself uses the wordpress format, however if you are referring to programming php scripts then way put of my comfort zone but I am comfortbable working with moduls and scripts, editing and stuff.

Of all the poker sites I have seen yours is by far the best, I run a 13 weekly poker league with a final on the 14th week 4 times a year and I use TD to run the league how difficult would it be to adpat your site for my own league.

If and I would expect a fee to be involved in this how much would it be.

I run my poker league in a way where 100% of fees is paid back out in prizes so basically I do it for free so costs are limited.

Thanks

Chas

Thanks for the compliments on the site!  Unfortunately, my site was never developed to be used by others.  There is a lot of custom and admittedly sloppy code that I have written that only works with my rules, calculations of points, etc.  Even if we set a price for me to copy the site code over to you it would take a large php coding effort to get it to work with your tournament structure.  You are not the first person who requested this and none of the others were willing to take on that effort. :)

By the way, I too pay 100% back to the players with the exception of the hall rental fee.  Site building is a hobby that I enjoy and the poker site has been a great learning experience! :) 

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 11:19:39 AM »
Oh well I was hoping there would have been a way, I would have been more than willing to put in the effort but I expect that without the coding knowlege it may have been to difficult, I will continue to look for alternatives then.

Thanks

Chas
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:29:11 AM by robertchas »

mikiewendy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
I am near completing a script that will accomplish this task.  The script uses an open source scripting tool.  The script will run in the background while TD is running.  I have designed it to wait for the bustout window to be closed.  Once that occurs it automatically navigates to the players tab and exports the players to a file.  Then it returns back to the controls tab and executes my ftp script.

Once I have finished testing it I will let everyone know.  Since it is using an open source scripting tool you will be able to modify it to fit your needs.

Mike