Author Topic: Importing players with CSV  (Read 829 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Importing players with CSV
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
I think I wrote about this some time ago...
I imported 55 players from a CSV. The data, in order, imported was ID, First Name, Last Name. When they were imported, TD did not match up the players with those in my DB. I click on Merge All and it brought up the imported players on the left hand side of the dialog box, and suggested players on the left hand side. The suggested players often had nothing in common with the imported player. Example; Steven Saab was  imported, TD suggested Ambrus Atila as the matching player. Is this how TD is supposed to work or is somethign up here?
PS
I took a previous tournament and exported players then re-imported so I know they are matches
Jody

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Importing players with CSV
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:43:45 PM »
To add to that, I just double clicked one of the names on the right to select the proper player and this popped up (Blue - Blur thing again?)

Object doesn't support property or method 'selectBlue' (PlayersTab, TournamentPage: 1)
 at openDialog(MergeGamePlayersDialog)
 at mergeGamePlayersDialog(Tournament)
 at PlayersTab.mergeGamePlayersDialog()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Beta: false
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 9.0
Browser Detected Version: 9.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 5:41:05 pm 09/17/2011
DB File: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\pg\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\pg\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
Install Info: 812ea7628997fa05f99c83ad14fc031d
JScript Build: 16982
JScript Version: 5.8
License Info: Dy+cyISWZbUylpXcCSZe4a2HRfb9YFkPm6CN1qP+AYNvdn1Zsia3qT8JOti0JlJS6TILzed9ySbpMgvN533JJj23YJjj+2GW1muOIznsjYk=
Media Player Version: 12.0.7601.17514
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\pg
Store Code: 12TcJXtmiYTlG99iw8i4XQ==
System Language: en-CA
TD Version: 2.6.b5
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
User Language: en-CA
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Jody\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Importing players with CSV
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
The name-matching algorithm is not very good, I'll be the first to admit.  Frankly, you're using the software in a way that I had not anticipated.  When writing this code, I really saw that the player matching code would be used very infrequently, which meant if the algorithm was not that good and the user had to do a bit more work, that would be OK because it wasn't used often and it wasn't worth the investment to make it good.  Google "name matching algorithm" and you'll see that it's an academic subject to be sure.  I would like to improve it, but not at the expense of other parts of the software.  If I can come across an implementation that I can wedge into the software, I'll definitely do it.

Yes, blue should be blur.  It's been fixed - sorry for the trouble.