Author Topic: Extended Screen Issues/Questions  (Read 8283 times)

MattBurlew

• View Profile
Extended Screen Issues/Questions
« on: January 02, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »
This isn't a concern with TD I don't think, but rather my graphics card.

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 and run my laptop at 1680 x 1050, and have my screens set up for that.  So far so good.

Now I can only configure my extended screen to 1024 x 768, and so when I push the tournament screen to the TV, it doesn't display correctly.

What would be the best way to handle this?  Do I need to have an alternate screen set when I put it on the TV?  Or is there another solution?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Screen Issues/Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »
What do you mean by "it doesn't display correctly"?

When you "push" the main window to the extended screen, all the TD can really do (and does) is move it just to the right of your primary display and set the window size to the size of your extended display.  And it only knows the size of the extended display by what you set it to.

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »
The tournament screen is too big for the TV, so you only see the left and upper parts (i.e. the right and bottom is cut off).  I presume this is because I can only set the extended screen resolution to 1024 x 768, so even if I set TD to use the same extended screen size as the main screen (1680 x 1050), it doesn't solve the problem.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
Try reducing the size that you specify the extended display to be.  So, on the Preferences tab, on the Extended Screen dialog, if you've set the extended screen size to 1024x768, then press the "Move to Extended Screen" and the tournament window is sized too big for your extended display, then reduce the size to, say, 800x600, then press the "Move to Extended Screen" button again.  This should resize the tournament window.  Play around with that until you find the appropriate dimensions.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »
Hi Corey... this beta is beautiful.... I am having one lil problem... I just bought two monitors. One is a 22 inch wide screen and the other is a regular 19 incher. When I load up the TD the display is played on my 22 inch and I drag the main program over to the 19 inch. When I cycle through tournament, seating chart, etc. the main program dissappears (I'm assuming it gets placed underneith the display) and I want it to stay in place under the 19 inch monitor. How would I do this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »
Hmm, well let's be sure we're talking about the same things.  Starting with 2.5, the TD has two windows, which will be referred to as the Game window, which shows the Tournament screen, the Player Rankings, etc; and the Settings window, which obviously has all of the settings.

What do you mean by "the main program disappears"?  Are you referring to the Game window?  And if so, are you saying that when it switches from say, showing the Tournament screen to showing the Seating Chart screen, it moves or disappears?

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
The settings window would be on my second monitor. If I click on the buttons on the top (Tournament, Player Rankings, Seating Chart, Player Movement, etc) the settings window "disappears"... I believe it is minimizing to the windows task bar. The Game window changes to whichever button I choose but the setting window vanishes. To get it back I would press F1 and then it appears back on top of the game window (which is on my main monitor) and I have to drag it back over to the second monitor. To me it would be better to have the settings window stay exactly where it is

****** UPDATE ******

I discovered what I was missing to solve this lil issue. On the preference tab, the last option on the right hand list says "Auto-close settings dialogue" and it was checked off. Unchecking made the settings window stay where it was.... Sometimes I need to talk it out like this to figure it out  ;)

Thanks Cory!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:09:01 AM by Phaze »

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Try reducing the size that you specify the extended display to be.  So, on the Preferences tab, on the Extended Screen dialog, if you've set the extended screen size to 1024x768, then press the "Move to Extended Screen" and the tournament window is sized too big for your extended display, then reduce the size to, say, 800x600, then press the "Move to Extended Screen" button again.  This should resize the tournament window.  Play around with that until you find the appropriate dimensions.

I think the problem may be with my TV.  I'm using an S-VIDEO cable, and it looks like it's the TV limiting the signal to 1024 x 768.  I'll try a RGB cable and see if that makes a difference.