Author Topic: Question about going to td3  (Read 1920 times)

E Z Aces

• View Profile
Question about going to td3
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
I have not done this for sevral resons.  Will my formats and all other saved info work with TD3, and will it still be located in the same place?  Do I need my code I got when I Bought TD3(I lost mine when we had a small fire about a year ago)?  Will I have to pay anything?  None of these are real biggies just want to plan a head.  Thanks for all the help

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Question about going to td3
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »
Will my formats and all other saved info work with TD3
Yes, If you have TD2 files, TD3 can access them, and it should display correctly. But you will not be able to make any TD3 files work with any earlier version.

will it still be located in the same place?
If you've left the save locations as the default locations, then yes, it will be in the same locations. If you made a custom location, you MAY need to re-configure that. With the preferences tab, I know I had to re-point them to proper files.

Do I need my code I got when I Bought TD3(I lost mine when we had a small fire about a year ago)?  Will I have to pay anything?

TD3 has only been around as TD3 since around October/November, but has been in beta for quite some time, as far as I'm aware. A TD2 key will NOT work for TD3. You will have to get or purchase one. If you were a beta tester, you won't need to pay for that (unless there was a specific time frame for that, and Corey would be able to answer that). However, if you weren't one, or if the time frame expired, you can click here for info: http://thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html

Just note that both boxes refer to your TD2 license.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about going to td3
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:16:35 AM »
Will my formats and all other saved info work with TD3
Yes, If you have TD2 files, TD3 can access them, and it should display correctly. But you will not be able to make any TD3 files work with any earlier version.

will it still be located in the same place?
If you've left the save locations as the default locations, then yes, it will be in the same locations. If you made a custom location, you MAY need to re-configure that. With the preferences tab, I know I had to re-point them to proper files.

You shouldn't have to do anything.  TD3 should see everything in the same way that TD2 does currently.  There were some reports shortly after releasing TD3 that some preferences were not upgraded.  I never found out why, and I've not gotten any reports like that in some time.  It is possible it was only an issue for TD3 beta testers.

Do I need my code I got when I Bought TD3(I lost mine when we had a small fire about a year ago)?  Will I have to pay anything?

TD3 has only been around as TD3 since around October/November, but has been in beta for quite some time, as far as I'm aware. A TD2 key will NOT work for TD3. You will have to get or purchase one. If you were a beta tester, you won't need to pay for that (unless there was a specific time frame for that, and Corey would be able to answer that). However, if you weren't one, or if the time frame expired, you can click here for info: http://thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html

Just note that both boxes refer to your TD2 license.

Everyone needs a new license in order to use TD3.  Some people may qualify for a discount, based on original license purchase date.  Beta testers were provided a free upgrade for their assistance.

As Magic_fubu pointed out, you should fill out the form here to determine if you qualify for a discount.  You will need your TD2 license key information in order to do this.  If you can't locate it, write me (support@thetournamentdirector.net) and I can try to look it up for you.