Author Topic: Prize Adjustments disappearing  (Read 3697 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Prize Adjustments disappearing
« on: April 01, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
I will remove all traces of TD and start over and hopefully the odd things happening will cease. Attached is a tournament we hosted recently. Everytime I busted a player, all prize adjustments disappeared. I eventually created fixed prizes and didnt rely on the automatic prizes and adjust amount. I loaded this tdt file on my laptop and the results were the same. I ahve also attached the xml file i created for my prizes (just in case the error is in there.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prize Adjustments disappearing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »
What do you mean by "prize adjustments"?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »
Manually adjusted prizes. The automatic prizes returned a first place prize of just under $50,000. I adjusted the prize by double clicking the prize and used the Adjust by option. When I busted a player out, all the adjustments disappeared and reset to their initial amounts

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »
OK, sorry, was confused for a moment.  If you are using Automatic Prizes, when a change occurs that triggers a prize change, all unlocked prizes are deleted and the prizes from the chosen prize level of the Automatic Prizes configuration file are created in their place.  That would have the effect of deleting any manual adjustment.

However, busting players out of the tournament typically doesn't change conditions that would affect Automatic Prizes (buy-ins do, by default).  Are you sure it was busting players out that did it?  I just tried that and the adjustments remain.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
I re-installed and the issue disappeared.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
My prize adjustments started disappearing again when I bust players...I made a video of my screen so you can see.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Have you tried to lock all the prizes at all? I would think that if you were to do that, that should take care of the adjustments disappearing. It is strange, though, that they disappear like that on you....
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
My guess is that the prizes are being updated at the bust-out, which can definitely happen if you're using the formula method for Automatic Prizes, since just about every action could trigger an update to the prize level.  And when the prize level changes, the prizes are updated, and any unlocked prizes are deleted and replaced with prizes from the appropriate prize level of your Automatic Prizes configuration.  So, the adjustments aren't really disappearing, the prizes are, and rightly so (well, maybe not).

The hitch here is that the prizes shouldn't be updated if the prize level doesn't change, and it doesn't *appear* to change based on your video (the prizes remain the same, the only indication that anything has changed is the adjustments disappear).  But you could certainly have two prize levels that have the same prize configuration.  So, why don't you post or send me your Automatic Prizes configuration file and I'll take a look.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 11:18:11 PM »
here's my prize file

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
[Sorry, looks like you had already included all of the relevant files in your initial post.]

OK, so I've looked at this and I think it's doing what it is supposed to be doing.  But there could be room for tweaking what it is supposed to be doing, I guess.

So what is happening is the Automatic Prizes feature is kicking in and replacing all of the [unlocked] prizes with the prizes defined in the auto2.xml prizes file for the computed prize level.  The code specifically tries to do this only when necessary, and it defines necessary as (1) when you initially turn on the Automatic Prizes feature and (2) when the computed prize level changes.  In other words, it doesn't want to replace the current set of prizes with the exact same set of prizes if it can help it.

In this case, that is exactly what it is doing, but the reason is that it doesn't know what the "previously computed prize level" is, so it has to assume it has changed.  This is because this value is not saved with the tournament.  So if you load a tournament that uses the Automatic Prizes feature, the first action in the tournament is going to cause the Automatic Prizes to update the set of prizes, regardless of whether or not it would actually be changing anything.  After that, it knows what the "previously computed prize level" is, and will only update the prizes if the prize level changes.

My suggestion, to work around this, is to disable Automatic Prizes once you've bought in all of your players.  Not something you want to have to remember to do, I know, but at least it will work around this in the meantime.

In the long run I'm not certain how to fix this.  Right now the automatic prizes code doesn't really look at what happened in the tournament, only that something happened.  Since you are using only buy-ins to determine the prize level, if it were smarter it could determine if the action was a buy-in or an undo of a buy-in and only check for a change in the prize level if so.

I'll look into it.