Author Topic: Credit Add-on before tournament starts  (Read 4247 times)

clove

• View Profile
Credit Add-on before tournament starts
« on: February 24, 2006, 04:09:25 PM »
Don't know if I'm just missing it.  Is there a way to credit a player to Add-on before the tournament starts?  We allow add-on's before and up through the second round.  Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Add-on before tournament starts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
You cannot bust players out, add-on, or rebuy before the tournament begins.  You can always start the tournament and then quickly pause it to perform your initial add-ons.

clove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 03:54:21 PM »
Yea, that's what I had to do...and just restart the tourney time....anyway...feature request, lol

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
WRONG ANSWER

OK, just trying to get the original guy's attention here, but the reply to this post was wrong.  If you load your tournament get players added, then want to credit add-ons before the tourney begins, just go to the layout page, select the button on the left that says "View For..." This brings up a screen where you can set allow add-ons or allow rebuys for before the tourney starts among other things.  Then you will be able to do the adds you want.

clove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:16:27 PM »
Hmmmm, well, I see what you're talking about, but that doesn't allow me to credit a player with an add-on at the same time as a buy-in...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »
WRONG ANSWER

OK, just trying to get the original guy's attention here, but the reply to this post was wrong.  If you load your tournament get players added, then want to credit add-ons before the tourney begins, just go to the layout page, select the button on the left that says "View For..." This brings up a screen where you can set allow add-ons or allow rebuys for before the tourney starts among other things.  Then you will be able to do the adds you want.

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I want some.  Seriously, the "View for..." dialog on the Layout tab is simply there to set some mock tournament conditions to get a feel for what your layout will look like when they conditions are true.  It has no effect on your tournament.  So, setting some conditions there will not allow you to credit a rebuy or add-on before your tournament starts.

There simply is no way to do this at the moment (other than the slight work-around I mentioned above).  It's on the to-do list for the next version, but I can't say for certain whether or not it will make it.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 06:21:23 PM »

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I want some. 

:D

But you've got to admit, he's got some balls to tell the developer that he's wrong!   ;)
The man, the myth, the moose!

_Hithere_

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 11:47:50 AM »
I didn't think that was what that section was for, but it tried it, and it worked.  You woudn't be able to assign an add-on when you actually buy-in the player, but you can assign them an add-on from the tournament screen before you start the clock if you've got it set that way.

An alternate way of trying this, is to do your buy-ins in excel or some other spreadsheet program, then import them all at once.  In the old version, you could put something in the add-ons column this way.