Author Topic: Command and Variable list.  (Read 1990 times)

PPPanimal

• View Profile
Command and Variable list.
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »
Is this a list somewhere that i could download showing all the valid commands and variable names used in TD so i could learn more about programming stuff in it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Command and Variable list.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »
If you're referring to the points formula (Points for Playing), the built-in help describes all of the variables and functions available.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 03:40:43 AM »
Well ya, what commands can be used in POINTS FOR PLAYING but also what variable names and commands can be used in the cells too.  Is this basic html code for the most part and then just variable names that you have defined that are valid.  If so i can look on the net to learn the html code, but also having a list of valid variable names that we can reference would be nice.  Not a biggy.  I would just like to really dive into this software and go nuts setting up some cool stuff in it and wondered where i might look to find the best info on learning it.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:45:15 AM »
What "variables" do you mean?  tokens?

I guess I wouldn't mind a list of available tokens in the help section - but you can access theses from any cell properties box (click on "insert tokens" and you will see a list of all tokens and if you click on a token it will tell you what it is and what attributes it takes.

The best way I have learned all the options available in TD was to simply print out the help file (some 70 pages) and read through the whole thing.

You can just check out the help each time you need some info, but if you read through the entire help document you learn a great deal about what options are available in TD (so many that it boggles the mind - many that you would not think of until you read the section in the help file).

To print out the help file, use your file manager program to look at the Tournament Director program file folder.  Open up the "docs.html" file (the help file) and just print it from your browser.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 09:39:52 AM »
The list of available tokens and their attributes are listed in the Insert Token dialog, as tandemrx noted.  They are not listed in the user manual because they are listed and described on that dialog, and keeping two separate lists/descriptions in sync would be difficult & problematic (call me lazy).