Author Topic: Help Event  (Read 938 times)

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
Help Event
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »
Hi Corey,
Sorry if I'm annoying you with my many questions, but your program is so good and there are so many possibilities that I want to try different things, but I do not always know how I should work, and here is my next problem:
 Before the final table I have an event:

Trigger: Player bust Out
Condition: (players = 9)
Action: Message ".... player bust out ....." (15 seconds)
             Clock paused
             Sound
Is it possible to display a 2nd message "FINAL TABLE" after 15 seconds or create a new event or insert a break with a token?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help Event
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »
No worries, and so sorry I must have missed that you posted this.

I don't think this is possible with the way the event system works today.  Only one event can be triggered by something happening in your tournament.  In this case, the trigger is a player busting out, and the resulting action would be to show a message.  There's no mechanism for displaying back-to-back messages.  The second message would have to be triggered by something else.

I suppose your first event could display the message and pause the clock.  Oh wait, it already does that.  OK, so you could trigger another event off of the clock being paused for 15 seconds, but you'd have to add some other criteria to make sure it doesn't fire at some other time in your tournament that you need to pause the clock for any reason.  You could use the same criteria (players = 9), but you run the risk of the message popping up any time the clock has been paused for 15 seconds with 9 players left in the tournament.  I can't think of any other criteria that would make it happen only once.  So you just have to be aware that pausing the clock while there are 9 players left will trigger the "Final Table" message after 15 seconds.

Of course, you could always disable the event on the Events tab after you hit the final table, preventing it from showing again.