Author Topic: Re: Selecting multiple hitmen  (Read 4692 times)

DaveBullets

• View Profile
Re: Selecting multiple hitmen
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:20:17 AM »
In games where there's HI/Lo pots, if 3 or more players were involved in a hand and the player with the fewer amount of chips busts out, it would be appropriate to select 2 hitmen to bust out the player with the fewer chips.  The current version does not allow selection of multiple hitmen. 

With that in mind, if there's a bounty fee on that busted out player, it would be appropriate for the program to split the bounty fee in half. 

Could this be an option for a future release?

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »
I don't think you have multiple hitmen unless the top 2 players split the pot (if they don't have the same hand then the hitman is the guy who won the pot that the busted out player was in - as he is the one who actually knocked the person out). 

Even if the 2 who remained split the pot, then, I give the hit and any bounty to the player with the most chips.  This, I feel, is consistent with Robert's Rules of Poker for how to handle placements and awards when multiple people bust out on the same hand (not the same as above I know, but consistent with the spirit of the rule below).  This is also how many others hand this situation.

If multiple players go broke on the same hand, the player starting the hand with the larger amount of chips finishes in the higher place for prize money and any other award. Players eliminated on the same deal who start their final hand with an equal amount of chips receive equal prize money, with the best hand on that deal receiving any non-divisible award.

DaveBullets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:59:21 AM »
That would be true for games where only HIGH hands count. 

The games I am inquiring about are where both high and low hands count, such as Omaha HI/Lo or StudHI/Lo

So say the game is Omaha Hi/Lo, and player "A" is all-in, and is called by players "B" and "C", and If B beats A with a Higher hand, and player C beats A with a lower hand, then, who gets credit for the hit?  Since B won for High, and C won for low. 

So in truth, both B and C busted A out.  And on the same token, can the bounty for player A be split amongst players B and C.

lukechris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 06:35:04 AM »
In games where there's HI/Lo pots, if 3 or more players were involved in a hand and the player with the fewer amount of chips busts out, it would be appropriate to select 2 hitmen to bust out the player with the fewer chips.  The current version does not allow selection of multiple hitmen. 

With that in mind, if there's a bounty fee on that busted out player, it would be appropriate for the program to split the bounty fee in half. 

Could this be an option for a future release?

I've needed to do that before because a split pot knocked out 2 people
Luke, 2007

jeff b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
As for the Hi/Lo part of the question, we always credit the knockout to the player with the high hand, even in your scenario. The rationale is that a player can never be busted out of a tournament solely because of the low hand. I realize that in your scenario, both players took equal part in the knockout, but they would only really BEAT them for low if the loser had a qualifying low hand. I guess you could argue it both ways if that were the case, we just decided it that way to keep it simple.

But if it's a high-hand only game, we just pick one player to credit the hit to in the software, then do a manual adjustment later to split the points. I don't agree that the reasoning behind using chip counts for ranking players who bust out at the same time should apply to this situation. It's not so much that it's INconsistent, I just don't think that that is any more relevant than saying you should break the tie by suit rank because that's how you break ties for bring-ins in stud games.

Radium

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 04:08:26 AM »
I would also like to see this added, Sometimes chip stacks are equal and 2 people need to be awarded the hit

hemi 06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:29:19 AM »
In Omaha H/L or Stud H/L, the KO goes to the player who wins the high hand. The only time it would be needed to split KO is when the two people split the high hand.

rlshep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »
I would like to see this option added as well. My game assigns points based upon number of hits. I feel like, it should be a matter of td preference if all hitmen get points.