Author Topic: Adjusting Chips in Play  (Read 1664 times)

chiqmagne

• View Profile
Adjusting Chips in Play
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »
Hi all. I am running a league finale and the top-5 players will start with more chips than the rest of the field. Is there a way to adjust the total chips in play while maintaining the correct prize pool? Thanks in advance for any help! :)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Adjusting Chips in Play
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »
On the Player's Tab, Set Chip Count. you can then set each player's stack

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:23:59 PM »
You can also adjust a player's chips at buy-in time, giving more to those 5 players.  Even after the fact, if you forget to do it at buy-in time, you can edit each player on the Players tab, then edit their buy-in and change the initial chips for those players (even post tournament).  Chip stacks won't affect prizes.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Related issue:

If a player has confirmed attendance but isn't there at the start, they will get a stack which gets blinded down. If they haven't turned up by the end of level 2, they're disqualified and their remaining chips are taken out of play.

The tokens for average stack, total chips and average/total blinds are all driven by the initial buy-in (i.e. if you change the current stack size for a player in the players tab, this doesn't change the figure shown in the token).

So: other than by cancelling two buyins and recreating another which would take into account the absent players remaining chips, is there a more elegant solution (so that the tourney screen info is correct?)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »
I don't think there is.  But let me make sure I understand.  If a player fails to show,then after level 2 you do what exactly?

- Remove the remaining chips
- Undo the player's buy-in?

Seems like you want to leave the player's money in the tournament, and also leave in however many chips entered play by blinding down.  But you don't want to bust the player out, because that would result in the player having a ranking, etc.  So you'd have to undo the buy-in, and then adjust the pot and the chip count.  Right?

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 01:48:54 AM »
Right.

I had written a long long reply but I've just seen the "adjust chip count by" option on the GAME tab.

So that's cool - I can buy someone in, blind them out, undo their buyin if they don't turn up by level 3, and then just add the blinds they've paid into that field.

Cool.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:17:39 PM by stickyshed »

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:17:22 PM »
One thing though - looks like the chip count and blinds tokens don't update straight away. I had to move to the next blind level and then the various tokens updated...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »
You might be right about that.  You don't need to change the state of the tournament, however, to get it to update.  Just change screens.  That is, switch to the Player Rankings screen, for example, then switch back.  If your layout is a single screen, just press F2.  That will "switch" to the tournament screen, but since you're already on the tournament screen and there's only one screen, it will force a refresh.

There are other options, too.  Many changes to the tournament will force a screen refresh, but I believe (without looking at the code) a change to the chips adjustment will not.  Easy to workaround as long as you know how.  See if the F2 option works for you.  If not I can dig in and see what will work.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 04:07:53 AM »
Yeah that works.

Thanks.  Don't know if it would be worth putting something in the Adjust Chip Count  tooltip text to say "this will update the token on next screen refresh" or something? I don't think any further "digging in" is necessary.