Author Topic: Help modifying my formula  (Read 1924 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
Help modifying my formula
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Corry,

This is the formula that you helped me with a while back.  It assigns points based on the number of players in the game and when they make it into the top 30% of the field.

Code: [Select]
round(if(r - (n * 0.3) < 0.51, 20 * (sqrt(sqrt(n) * n / r)) + 20, 20))
I was thinking of adding an extra bonus for top 16 players. Was thinking a 30point bonus for making it to the final two tables.  Here is the kicker though;  if the attendance is less than 30 players, there is no bonus for the top 16.

Is this something I could even add to this formula or did I just make this too complicated?
-Dave

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Help modifying my formula
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
You should be able to do this without too much complication. after your formula, just put "+ if n => 30, 30, 0"
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »
No, that doesn't work.  It' says, "formula has an error"

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »
Okay, I figured out how to do it.

Although, I didn't figure out how to award it to players ONLY when there are >30 players...At least automatically.

I created Prizes in addition to my Points for Playing formula.

On the prizes page, I just made up a 30point prize for 1 - 16 which I will have to load when there are 30 plus players.

Simple but effective.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »
Corry,

This is the formula that you helped me with a while back.  It assigns points based on the number of players in the game and when they make it into the top 30% of the field.

Code: [Select]
round(if(r - (n * 0.3) < 0.51, 20 * (sqrt(sqrt(n) * n / r)) + 20, 20))
I was thinking of adding an extra bonus for top 16 players. Was thinking a 30point bonus for making it to the final two tables.  Here is the kicker though;  if the attendance is less than 30 players, there is no bonus for the top 16.

Is this something I could even add to this formula or did I just make this too complicated?
-Dave

round(if(r - (n * 0.3) < 0.51, 20 * (sqrt(sqrt(n) * n / r)) + 20, 20)) + if((n >= 30) and (r <= 16), 30)

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »
I bow to your formula knowledge. 

I have NO IDEA HOW you do it.  I guess, as the creator of the application you'd have to know how to make these formulas work. 

It worked! I guess I just don't have the logic to think this way.

Thank you - Again...
-Dave