Author Topic: Busting Players from Tables Tab  (Read 1594 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Busting Players from Tables Tab
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »
Hi Corey,
When I bust a player from the Tables Tab, right clicking on a player that is on one of the tables at the bottom of the screen opens up the dialog box with all the options for that player (including Bust Out), however, the dialog box opens up towards the bottom and therefore most of the options are not visible nor accessible. Can you program TD2 (next release) to open this dialog box towards the top of the screen if it will not fit on the screen?
The real quick workaround for me is either to drag/drop this player to an open seat where I can bust out or to go to the controls tab and bust out from there, however once I start busting form one screen it is a little more convenient to continue on that screen.
Quick example of what I mean, show your desktop, right-click on the top of the screen, then right click on the bottom. The dialog box will not open up if there is a lack of room.
Thanks,
Jody

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Busting Players from Tables Tab
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »
Yeah, we have IE8 to thank for this.  You are referring to the context menu, I believe.  Prior to IE8, IE automatically kept these types of windows fully on-screen.  The application doesn't have to do any extra work to ensure this happens.  Starting in IE8, for whatever reason, they changed the behavior.  I'll have to look into adding code to ensure they remain on-screen.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:38:03 PM »
Well, I couldn't figure out how to consistently make the context menus stay on-screen, so I added an unconventional feature.  Scrolling the mouse-wheel over a context menu will "rotate" it around its initial coordinates.  So if the menu opens [mostly] off-screen (it can't open fully off-screen), you can move the mouse over it and scroll the wheel to move the menu.  I also made it a preference so one can turn this off.

Not the most ideal solution, but it's better than nothing.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
Rather ingenious for the time being :) This would work for me at least
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!