Author Topic: Bug Report: Player List doesn't scroll  (Read 2125 times)

CaptainPalapa

• View Profile
Bug Report: Player List doesn't scroll
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
Been using TDD for quite some time, and certainly very happy with it.  I was setting up for tomorrow's home games and couldn't find a player in the player lists.  So I went to add them.  System says "you already have this player...".  Okay, so I do a search.  Sure enough, there he is.

I've determined, from what I can tell, that I'm having a scroll bar problem.  My player list is longer than is immediately visible, but the scroll bars are disabled.  In the attached images you can see that I show about 30-something.  When I resize the window, go to another tab and then back to the Players again, I see more.  If I had more than the 40 something, I'd have to search every time.

Now, it's *entirely* possible this is an OS issue.  Not sure how much testing has been done on Windows 8.1, but I don't really have any issues with any apps or any similar issues.  I'd be glad to answer any questions that might come up.  To me...this feels like an issue of the underlying language used to build the program, and that language's compatibility with newer OS'es.  I only say that because the app feels a bit....90'ish, perhaps, in some of it's interface.  (Delphi? PowerBuilder?  Visual Basic?).  It's possible that new DLL's for an updated version might fix it. 

Or I could just be wrong and it's something else entirely.  When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  I'm a programmer...

No upload it seems, so the images illustrating before and after resizing the window can be found here:
http://texaschipleader.com/images/TTDBugs/TTD_ShortList.jpg
http://texaschipleader.com/images/TTDBugs/TTD_LongList.jpg

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Report: Player List doesn't scroll
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:50 PM »
The inner scroll bar is simply set to display all the time.  At one time, this was necessary because of the way the tables were built.  But I'm glad you pointed it out because it seems it is no longer necessary.  I can probably change it to display only when necessary.

So, the scrollbar isn't disabled, per-se, it's just that there isn't anything to scroll.  That is, the scrollbar is visible but the "page" isn't longer than the viewable area.  By default, paging is enabled.  So use the arrow buttons in the upper-left corner to move from page to page.

Or, press the Preferences button on that page and check "View all players on one page".

CaptainPalapa

• View Profile
Re: Bug Report: Player List doesn't scroll
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »
Wow, okay.  Great answer, really.  I didn't even notice the pagination buttons.  (Probably because I do a lot of pagination myself with ajax queries / result sets, and they just aren't where *I* would look for them!

Thanks for the prompt answer!