Author Topic: My first layout  (Read 4186 times)

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
My first layout
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
Hello,

Although its nothing compared to some of the layouts i have seen on here. I thought i would post my layout up here.

It started as the Black and White built in template that comes standard with the app. I then stripped certain cells i didnt need and changed it to Bears Color stipes. Not liking the look I found this background worked the fonts and here we are.

Keith

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: My first layout
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
This looks pretty decent for a first time layout! Bravo! Your future layouts have very few limitations with TD3. The first limitation is your imagination. None of us here can help you with your imagination, but we can help in putting your imagination into a cell and screen. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We are here to help each other and we do. Just keep a helmet nearby, you may need it from time to time. :)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
Nice layout Keith.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
Thanks guys,

Currently I am still on version 2 still and plan on upgrading once i get my tourneys back off the ground. I used to host 2 games a week for about 3 hours, but had to stop due to my hours at a new job.

But we are about to bring it back as a once a month game. So once i know the game does come back i can justify paying for the upgrade.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
Pretty cool looking layout. As a Packers fan, I have to question if the Bears are a good choice (Gotta rib ya some! lol). On a more serious note, though, if you have an idea of what you want, and ask for some of us to help, we'll all pitch in to help. I owe Timmer a lot of gratitude for his help on constructing a layout for me - merely on the mentioning of wanting to do a Packers themed one.

We all have helped each other out, and all have needed help. If you have an idea of what you want, by all means let us know. If I had the time to, I'd volunteer free time to make one up for you myself, but that is scarce for a few more weeks (unless you're willing to be patient)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:36:12 AM »
Gotta love the Bears Packers rivalry lol Looking forward to some good matchups this year.

I didnt have any specific theme in mind. What i did was swap the the White with Orange and the Black with Blue (shown below).

It appears that for the main configurations a back ground graphic is created, one that forms like a standard application. Then the cells on top of it are spaced and sized so that the data in the cell are visible in their proper place.

In general is that the typical approach taken?

In regards to the Bears layout I think I'd have to give it some more thought, and view some more layouts to pick up more ideas.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 02:08:08 AM »
In regards to the Bears layout I think I'd have to give it some more thought, and view some more layouts to pick up more ideas.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2038.0
check out this Layout. Timmer, Magic, Jodi and stumarr  have done some great layouts. If you download some of there layouts, strip them down and you will be able to see how they work and see just how they have set up there layouts, it will give you a much better understanding of how things go together and just what you can do. . V2 was a great piece of work,  but there is not a lot that TD v 3.1.1 cant do.  I knew absolutly ziltch , but all i did was ask and people were more than happy to help, Good luck and enjoy.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:32:39 AM »
I have a few of my layouts on my website with all the files (including audio files) at www.jodystacey.com/td  but they are TD3 and aren't comptible with TD2. There are thumbnails and samples of the audio clips and music I use in my layouts

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
Very Awesome thank you I will start checking those out tonight and play around with them.

Thanks again

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
i downloaded the tlo file and other files from the BBT post but when i tried to import it sais "There was a problem loading the layout."

I am running version 2.5.13

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »
Most likely the layout was made with Version 3.0 or later. You should upgrade to the latest version. You will have to buy the license again but it is worth the $35 investment