Author Topic: new user question  (Read 1087 times)

einstein1955

• View Profile
new user question
« on: December 04, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »
I would like to setup different tournament and not to have to go throuth each time on loading Template,,teble ,prices, ect.
Just clicking on a master shortcut in Windows and get ready to add players and start the tournament
But when i do that the auto save write in my master tournament an i have to start over again

How can i structure masters tournaments and ready to start

Thank you

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new user question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
Set up the tournament the way you like it.  Save it as a new file named something like "my-tournament-template".  Go to the Preferences tab and press the Config Files button.  The very first entry is Default Tournament.  Press the Browse... button and find your tournament file "my-tournament-template".  Press the OK button.

Now every time you launch the application, the TD will load this tournament, reset it to a pre-start state (no buy-ins, tournament hasn't begun, but players, if you have any added to it, will still be there), and clear the filename (so you don't accidentally save over the template).

Any time you want to start a new tournament, press the New button on the Game tab and select the option "Create a new tournament using the saved tournament 'my-tournament-template.tdt' as a template...".  Same results.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Re: new user question
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
Make a master tournament, use it the first time, and save.
Next time, open previous tournament, use "Save as" and save with new filename (i use the days date in the filename) after save, click reset tournament and choose if you want to reset buyins.
I make total reset and then i remove the players from player tab.
All i have to do then is add the new players and im set to go. (unless you have diffrent buyins or any other things you want to save.)