Author Topic: Prize Payout Problem  (Read 1619 times)

Sargo001

• View Profile
Prize Payout Problem
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:59:27 AM »
Truely Awesome Program, well worth every penny!

Ok, heres whats going on.  I am the TD for our local charity poker room and we have been using this program for our first points season.  Everyone is very happy and impressed that a charity room has such sophistication LOL.  Anyways.  We did run into an problem while adding players in after a prize template has been loaded.  Once a prize template has been loaded, we sometimes need to add another player at the last minute.  No problem, player added then all of a sudden the prize template gets changed and the prize pool is now 120%

Using the most recent version of TD. I load a template to payout the top 5 players, with say 35 total players.  Then add a new player and the payouts get changed from 5 payouts to 6 and the total prize pool went from 100% to 120%.  The cash amounts are also changed, naturally, due to an additional payout. But the payout total is now 120% of the total pot, which is no way possible to have.

Its not an issue to reload the template, but the first occurance we had of this nearly cost the charity event more than was it was making.  The charity would have ended up paying out more than what was brought in.  We did catch the problem before the final table players made the cash and corrected it. But there were some ticked off players when we had to  adjust the number of payouts to the proper number after the screen was showing 1 additional payout. We simply didnt notice that TD had changed them.

I wanted to know if there was a work around for this or if others have had the same problem and if so, is there a fix coming for this problem?  Thanks everyone for there time and your reply if you do so.

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Prize Payout Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:26:21 AM »
Did you make your own prize template or do you use a preloaded one - or how do you determine your prizes?

I have never run into this problem, but I made my own template a while back, so I haven't used a preloaded template (although I didn't run into this problem with a stock template either).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:55 AM »
Then add a new player and the payouts get changed from 5 payouts to 6 and the total prize pool went from 100% to 120%.

This sounds like you're using the Automatic Prizes feature.  Are you?  And if so, did you modify the included automatic prizes configuration?

What would really be helpful is to have a saved tournament where you experienced this problem.  When you add a new player and see that the prizes changed in an adverse way, remove the player and see if the prizes return to "normal".  Then try to add the player again and see what the prizes do.  In other words, see if the problem is reproducible.  If it is, please send me that saved tournament file (support@thetournamentdirector.net), and let me look into it.  I've never heard of anything like this.

Sargo001

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »
Thanks for the replys.

We use a custom template. Where the payouts are pre determined.  Since we are running the for charities, we have negotiated a 20% payout that goes straight to the charity, from there we break down the rest of the cash into payouts based on percentages that go to the players.

I can reproduce the problem easily, I have done so in order to show our floor manager. I will try to do as suggested... add then remove the player to see if it self corrects itself.  I will also take a look at all the settings and nake note of them all and then go from there.  If I can I will make the copies of one of our tournament saves and the payout template and post/send them.

This is something that I need to get resolved.  We cant have any errors like this since we are running a seasonal points things.  So far this season we have 50 tournaments in the books with 2 weeks to go (run 2-3 tournaments a week for points)