Author Topic: Adding Points Manually  (Read 1678 times)

RCPoker

• View Profile
Adding Points Manually
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
Is there a way or maybe this needs to be in suggestions to add points to a player for a league manually?

What I mean is this...

My league has been running since the beginning of the year and we go year long. The players already have established points for previous tournaments. I know by adding the formula they will start getting points but is there a way to manually put in the points they already have and then create a screen for it displaying the top 10 in points? Additionally a formula to add to those points may be in order. 1st gets 10 points 2nd gets 9 and so forth all the way to top 10.

RCPoker

• View Profile
Re: Adding Points Manually
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
ok I figured out how to put points manually but now when I save and then run a new tourney, I run stats again and it still only shows 7 people and 0 points for each. This is frustrating.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
RC - I believe I have the stats issue figured out for you... I'm going to type everything up in a document, then send it over, or post it via the other thread you had started, where I had asked to see the file.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Is there a way or maybe this needs to be in suggestions to add points to a player for a league manually?

What I mean is this...

My league has been running since the beginning of the year and we go year long. The players already have established points for previous tournaments. I know by adding the formula they will start getting points but is there a way to manually put in the points they already have and then create a screen for it displaying the top 10 in points?

You can adjust anyone's points in a particular tournament, so you can, in your next tournament, edit each player on the Players tab and set their current points in the "Adjust points by:" field.  So, for example, if player "John" has thus far earned 100 points, set the "Adjust points by:" field to 100.

But I think the best way to fix this is to simply load each of your previously saved tournaments, set the Points for Playing formula, and then re-save the tournament.  Changing the formula will cause the points to be recalculated.  When you run stats, the entire tournament is re-evaluated anyway, so now that each tournament has a Points for Playing formula, everyone will be awarded points appropriately.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »

What I mean is this...

My league has been running since the beginning of the year and we go year long. The players already have established points for previous tournaments. I know by adding the formula they will start getting points but is there a way to manually put in the points they already have and then create a screen for it displaying the top 10 in points?

You can adjust anyone's points in a particular tournament, so you can, in your next tournament, edit each player on the Players tab and set their current points in the "Adjust points by:" field.  So, for example, if player "John" has thus far earned 100 points, set the "Adjust points by:" field to 100.

But I think the best way to fix this is to simply load each of your previously saved tournaments, set the Points for Playing formula, and then re-save the tournament.  Changing the formula will cause the points to be recalculated.  When you run stats, the entire tournament is re-evaluated anyway, so now that each tournament has a Points for Playing formula, everyone will be awarded points appropriately.

For the record, I did place your points for playing in the tournament of the first file from the 4th, and have it on the other thread for you to download, if you so choose to.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

RCPoker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »
Thanks Magic for all your help

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:30:14 PM »
Not a problem at all - glad I could help you out! If you were in the Denver area instead of SoCal, I'd say let's meet up and I could show you some of what TTD can do for you.
---