Author Topic: Run TD Software from website or FTP, etc.  (Read 2241 times)

ashb2223

• View Profile
Run TD Software from website or FTP, etc.
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
We have a few admins in our league and play at a few different places with a couple different laptops...which means we are constantly emailing TD backups and .tdt files everywhere to try and keep in sync.  But it's pretty hard.  Is there a way to put TD in a FTP folder and run it from the web?  Or use a virtual www directory to save the files?  We have a website and the best option would just be to launch the app from the admin area of our site.  If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Run TD Software from website or FTP, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
Right now, I don't think that's an option with a personal license. With a commercial license, it may be possible, but not sure.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
The software is geared to work from the filesystem, so there's no way to make it work using FTP or HTTP.  But you could set up a VPN and share drives.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »
I placed all the TD files on my personal web server (Server 2003) and successfully hooked up to it using VPN with two machines and was able to writes to the DB with both, however, this was across my LAN and wasn't successful across the internet. Note...I did not play around with this idea for long, there may have been a firewall issue that I didn't notice or my router may have been blocking it.

loltruck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:52:55 PM »
You may want to checkout DropBox (www.dropbox.com), they offer a free 2gb space, which is accessable through web aswell as the local filesystem on every computer you install the client and put in your credentials. The files in a specific directory on your computer automatically sync with your share on the net, and with other computers in your LAN.

MooseWizard

• View Profile
    • Louisville Poker Society
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
A couple of suggestions, ashb2223:

Microsoft Live Sync is free an can sync entire folders as they change across the internet on multiple computers.

http://sync.live.com/

Another idea, if you would rather have the files in one location and accessible eslewhere is using VPN as mentioned.  However, these can be tedious to set up.  LogMeIn Hamachi makes using VPN as easy as using a IM Client.  It is also free for personal and non-profit use.

https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/hamachi2/
The man, the myth, the moose!