Author Topic: Problem Running Tournament Director 3.3 and 3.4b1 in Windows 10  (Read 3217 times)

Medic48

• View Profile
Hey there,

Just recently upgraded my Windows OS from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 64-bit.

Ever since that point, I have not been able to bring up the Save As or Load windows. The button depresses however no action occurs after this.

I have tried running in compatibility mode (both Win 8 and Win 7), as well as running As Administrator.

I have a large tournament tomorrow (I posted this yesterday under another heading, under General Discussion - Windows 10).

Any assistance would be much appreciated,
--Phil

Medic48

• View Profile
Re: Problem Running Tournament Director 3.3 and 3.4b1 in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »
While testing to determine if a cause could be found, a reversion of Windows from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 resulted in everything working normally.

--Phil

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Unfortunately this is still an issue with no known, certain fix.  The rollback of IE (http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.msg20157#msg20157) is still the method with the best success rate.

I didn't even realize rolling back from Windows 10 was possible...

Medic48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
You have 1 month after upgrading to rollback to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7.

--Phil

Taz71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »
I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit 2 months ago and the load buttons doesn't work as well as several other buttons don't work.  If I cannot go back to Windows 7, does that mean I am no longer able to use the TD program? Windows 10 64 bit is not compatible with IE9 so I cannot go back to that version either.

Your help with fixing this problem is greatly appreciated.  I plan on hosting a tournament this Friday and I hope this can be fixed soon since everyone enjoys the TD program which I have been using since 2011.

Spike4hand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:02:51 AM »

Your help with fixing this problem is greatly appreciated.  I plan on hosting a tournament this Friday and I hope this can be fixed soon since everyone enjoys the TD program which I have been using since 2011.

+ 1 - Really hoping to be able to continue using TD3 as it's the perfect program for my home game and tournament series, but rolling back my OS is not a reality as my machine overall runs so much better with Windows 10. 

I am able to get it to create a new tournament format for our game by using the "New Tournament - Create a tournament using an old tournament format" capability and then cutting-and-pasting an old filename into that box to get around the fact that the load button doesn't work.  That allows me to actually run a tournament with the clocks/sounds/etc. that I want. 

However, without the ability to save the tournament, I lose the ability to track stats and player points which is important as we have an annual championship points race. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 11:56:53 AM »
I understand the frustration surrounding this issue.  I was finally able to reproduce this issue only very recently, and the solution that worked for me has not, so far, worked for anyone else.  I've been debating for some time whether I'll have to bite the bullet and create a new application container for the TD, but it's going to require a big commitment in terms of development focus.  At the moment I'm working on updating the TD's font size throughout the application, which has turned out to be a huge commitment as well.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »
I have posted this in numerous threads about this problem and I still don't know if it works for anyone else, It makes Tournament Director work for me. It is a workaround until a permanent solution is found.

A workaround that seems to work for me is to start TD by clicking on a saved tournament. All buttons seem to work "load", "save" and "save as".

Can anyone having trouble verify if this works for them?

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
Not a solution but a thought.

I bought a second hand pc to just run TD, found it awkward keep using my best pc.

Mind you I only run home games, at least it won't stop you using TD.

Cheers

Spike4hand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:24 AM »
I understand the frustration surrounding this issue.  I was finally able to reproduce this issue only very recently, and the solution that worked for me has not, so far, worked for anyone else.  I've been debating for some time whether I'll have to bite the bullet and create a new application container for the TD, but it's going to require a big commitment in terms of development focus.  At the moment I'm working on updating the TD's font size throughout the application, which has turned out to be a huge commitment as well.

I understand.  I have certainly gotten way more than my moneys worth with your excellent program.

If you did decide to make a fully compatible Windows 10 version, I would gladly pay for it.  In the meantime, I'm going to just keep track of points in a spreadsheet, and use TD for the clock functionality.