Author Topic: Data Stores  (Read 990 times)

Madda

• View Profile
Data Stores
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:23 AM »
A little issue that is bugging me a little. I have created a new data store folder and have only the templates, images, saves, etc etc that I use and need in it. However every time I run TD and the default images and templates etc etc get copied to that new data store.

Doesn't matter if I delete them it just keeps happening. I dont really want to delete the originals from the TD directory in case I ever want to use them.

Is there any reason why this is happening?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Data Stores
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:28:40 PM »
There is definitely a reason for this.  This is how the application installs the default templates into your Data Store, in particular after an upgrade if templates have been updated in the new version.  Because the installation of the application is completely separate, it only installs the templates into the application's installation folder, which can no longer be used for user data.  Therefore, the templates must be copied to your Data Store by the application.  I can see how that might be frustrating if you want to keep those out of your Data Store, but there's no way to prevent it.

Madda

• View Profile
Re: Data Stores
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:32:03 PM »
Its no problem thanks for the reply.