Author Topic: rebuy confirmation after rebuy period  (Read 1774 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
rebuy confirmation after rebuy period
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »
Would it be possible (is it possible?) to have the option to not display the dialog box that pops up after you bust someone out when the rebuy period is over?  The one that asks if you want to override the end of the rebuy period?

Maybe it is great to have that, because I could see making a mistake and forgetiting that someone could have a rebuy coming (clock moved into next round before you got rebuys taken care of ).

But, during a tourney, that message in the dialog box seems to confuse the heck out of me each time - do I click "no" or "yes", I keep thinking the message says, "are you sure you want to bust this player out", but I really have to say "no" I don't have to override the end of the rebuy period.

Mostly, I just don't want to deal with that dialog box.

Not a big deal, but I have hit the wrong button a couple of times during a tourney and needed to backtrack.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: rebuy confirmation after rebuy period
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »
What version are you using?  I changed this some time ago, it looks like the attached image now.  I'm not sure how to make it much clearer, and yet leave the option to rebuy after bust-out (this is offered solely to let players remain in their current seats).

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: rebuy confirmation after rebuy period
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:20 PM »
using 2.4.3 and trying 2.5. so that is the dialog box I get.

It is no doubt clear as I read through it, but I am usually playing and dealing and directing, so when a dialog box like this comes up I am usually a bit scattered and wondering what goof ball mistake I made while busting someone out (even though I have seen this dialog box a bunch of times).

Then I go into lemming mode and try to do what it tells me and the last thing I see is "press the yes button . . . ."

O.K. . . . the real problem is I am so darn farsighted that I can barely read the dialog boxes on my laptop that is arms length away while I am dealing and I am trying to quickly bust someone out from a distance and then hand out a bounty, blah, blah, blah  :-[

My only suggestion is to possibly have an option to not display this dialog box, like there are options to not display a bunch of other dialog boxes.  But, in the end, it is probably a good idea to have this display and I just need to put on my reading glasses   :'(